If you had a choice between the two kits which would you choose?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I own one, I would go with the Space Ark.

Mine is the Jr version and flies GREAT!

I believe I would go Interrogator G. It's a nice size kit. The price is right and the engines are obtainable.

Interrogator G. You can fly it on small fields on an F, go big with a G80. Especially now that a G80 is a DMS w/ a drillable delay. G80's have been my go-to mid power engines for a decade.
Are the tubes LOC? If I would build it I would use a AP retainer, just there's no mention of the tubes used? I'm Assuming they are LOC??

Are the tubes LOC? If I would build it I would use a AP retainer, just there's no mention of the tubes used? I'm Assuming they are LOC??
LOC doesn't carry tubes with an outside diameter of 2.245 inches, so I doubt it's the 29mm MMT tube is LOC, but you never know; you would have to ask Sirius Rocketry who they procure their 29mm MMT tubes from and then buy the corresponding retainer (since this is their own kit).

For what it's worth, I bought the wrong size AP retainer for one of my 29mm birds (too big), but as long as you are going to use JB Weld, it doesn't really matter. It flew fine and stayed on. Too small won't fit, but too big will epoxy on and stay put, just use a liberal fillet around the tube/retainer junction.

It's close, but I'd give Space Ark the edge here but if you'd compared it to the USS Cestris, I probably would have chosen that.

Quality on Sirius kits is great. I have an Interrogator and often think about getting the larger version. I find it a very stylish kit. I have even considered doing it in 4" fg airframe upscale.

I like the space ark better but Pemberton’s tag lines doesn’t cut it where I’m from (“... women aren’t allowed out of the kitchen ...” ?) Some comedians can pull this off but I’m not sure who these guys are so I’ll just pass.

LOC doesn't carry tubes with an outside diameter of 2.245 inches, so I doubt it's the 29mm MMT tube is LOC, but you never know; you would have to ask Sirius Rocketry who they procure their 29mm MMT tubes from and then buy the corresponding retainer (since this is their own kit).

For what it's worth, I bought the wrong size AP retainer for one of my 29mm birds (too big), but as long as you are going to use JB Weld, it doesn't really matter. It flew fine and stayed on. Too small won't fit, but too big will epoxy on and stay put, just use a liberal fillet around the tube/retainer junction.
I'm kind of the "sand to fit" a little tight is alright with me. Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah I like the Space Ark kit too. Both are nice kits. I like I can fly the Space Ark on both 29 and 38 motors so there are a lot choices. Whatever I decide it will be a Christmas present to myself.

I like the space ark better but Pemberton’s tag lines doesn’t cut it where I’m from (“... women aren’t allowed out of the kitchen ...” ?) Some comedians can pull this off but I’m not sure who these guys are so I’ll just pass.

@Pem Tech Layne Pemberton is a top guy with a warped sense of humour. Take his jokes as just that - jokes, and you'll appreciate them, and him, more.

Nice kits with funny 'destructions'. Not always PC, but neither am I.

In the interests of full disclosure, I'm the guy who drew up the tube cutting guides in the Kraken instructions. So yeah, I know Layne through doing that.

Last edited:
I love Sirius Kits and be built many, I love Pembertons kits and have many as well. But. The Space Ark the Buck Jones and th Kling kraken are 4 of the best kits I have ever built the space ark it’s a pleasure to build an

I have the Space Ark, quality kit, “destructions” are a fun read, Lane was quick to respond to the 1 question I had and I can fly it on 29’s & 38’s... plus it looks retro-cool.

@Pem Tech Layne Pemberton is a top guy with a warped sense of humour. Take his jokes as just that - jokes, and you'll appreciate them, and him, more.

Nice kits with funny 'destructions'. Not always PC, but neither am I.

In the interests of full disclosure, I'm the guy who drew up the tube cutting guides in the Kraken instructions. So yeah, I know Layne through doing that.

Skippy!! Long time no see! Thanks for the good words and glad to know you are still alive.

Well, the "tagline" about women is a statement of the 50's mentality, the era the Space Ark is from, not my personal opinion.

Well, the "tagline" about women is a statement of the 50's mentality, the era the Space Ark is from, not my personal opinion.

Yah, that was kind of obvious to me.

As I said, it's a top notch kit. Well designed and kitted. It builds into a great rocket!

Back