if you follow ebay vintage rocketry at all...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats ridiculous..over $600...just to pack a box away in storage most likely

the sandman kit is far more rare and bigger

whatever makes a person happy,cause,there are far worse things to spend that kind of money on

I suspect (hope) Estes will reproduce this kit in the future

I hope that the case of the $600+ bid on the Centuri LJII kit is a matter of him placing a ridiculously high bid and someone trying to call his bluff - and then he has to eat it.

He's bid against me before, and I won. He must have not wanted the kit(s) so badly.

I'm really tempted to make one extra Little Joe II kit just to see how much someone will bid for it.

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
I'm really tempted to make one extra Little Joe II kit just to see how much someone will bid for it.

sandman

I say go for it. Custom work fetches a pretty penny. Besides, I'm sure a few of the lurking TRFers that wanted one initially and didn't would duke it out on eBay. :)

Sandman-
I could do a really nice template for you. Just put it out there for .99 cents with reserve of about $200.00.

hmmmm...that would pay for my trip to NARAM this year.

sandman

Sandman,

Please, please, please put a LJII kit on ebay.

When my wife sees how much it sells for I'll be a STINKIN GEENEEEUS for having bought one at the original price!!!! :D :D :D

What do you guys think a LJII in the wrap is actually worth? How high is that bid? Seems nuts...

Originally posted by stymye
thats ridiculous..over $600...just to pack a box away in storage most likely

I think that's the first time I've seen financing offered for a model rocket. :)

S..

Originally posted by Justin
What do you guys think a LJII in the wrap is actually worth? How high is that bid? Seems nuts...

I was told once by someone much smarter than me that
a thing is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it... ;)

$125 for 2 honest john kits
$50 for a tlp phoenix
$35 for an estes amram

not a very thrifty shopper..but what the heck..I guess

is more important than being frugal...??????

he's no Scotsman!

Just proves once again,,,,,the one with the gold rules!!!!

I say good for him!!!!!

I hope he enjoys himself greatly. Besides, it sures puts a boost
to the old rocket values doesn't it...............:D

excellent for him, and us all!

i will be stoked if he ever takes a hankerin' to something i'm selling!
:D

Gee, if he's willing to pay $609 for a 3.25" Little Joe II I wonder what he'd pay for a 4" one?

sandman

Back