Quantcast

If It Looks Like a Duck...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

xxxREKxxx

Reaction score
Here is my new Drake from FlisKits. I picked it up along with a Praetor at the Nov. CMASS launch. I painted it this way not just because of the name and shape but due to the fact that I had my best hunting season ever. Lots of mallards! So in honor - the rocket. My son thinks we should put an eye and some growly teeth on it. (His Cub Scout rocket has a shark mouth). The Praetor has flown the Drake has not I've got it set up for E's so I'm waiting for a good day. I'll send photos as I get them.
Bob

jflis

Reaction score
lookin' good :)

You will be *very* pleased with how well the Drake looks in flight. She is a real beauty! Love yer paint job too :)

Larry

Reaction score
Nice Drake REK. They do look nice in flight. I would suggest however to fly it first on a D then see if you want to stick an E in it. Its very quick and flies very high on the Ds

cydermaster

Reaction score
As Larry says - Its worth starting with a D, in this bird. It flies alot higher than you think it will! We can't get 24mm Cs, over this side of the pond; which is a pity 'cos I have to wait 'till I'm in a LARGE field to launch my Drake on a D.

You are going to love the Drake's flight - she does look a beauty, from below, as she ascends. :cool:

xxxREKxxx

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! Yeah The D is a good plan. As soon as the large lake in town freezez solid enough we'll send her up on some D's to make sure I did everything right. We'll track it down with snow machines. I'll put up more photos as soon as I get the size limit thing figured out. My daughter just informed me that she wants her Estes StarDart (Christmas present) put online. She has a custom paint job that she calls "The Zagger!" which is drying as I write.

Bob

Neil

Reaction score
LOL!!!! Ill go get my Flu Flus!!!;) :D :p :)

Bet I could hit that with my bow...

Great paint job!!! Bring it to the first CMASS launch of the season (dont ask me when that is, but sometime this spring, probly), I want to get a picture of that duck with digestive problems!

I didnt know mallards like to incinetate thier waste, andthen pop thier heads off to reveal a chute!!! LOL!!!!

Be pretty cool. You should put in the "notes" on the flight card:"this duck is about to demonstrate an emergency evacuation from hunters!" FOOOOOOOM!!!! powppowpow WASCAWY DUCK!!!!!!! That duck would make Elmer Fudd's head go red and pop!!! '

Thats a really cool lookin rocket!!! Dont crash it!

xxxREKxxx

Reaction score
WASCAWY DUCK!!!!!!! That duck would make Elmer Fudd's head go red and pop!!! '

"Be vewy, vewy, qwiet, I'm hunting Wockets!" :D

Thanks for the nice comments. I'll bring it to a launch in the spring. I think the first flight wants to be in the middle of the Sahara or someplace else with no trees. Ah well gotta be brave!
Bob

Neil

Reaction score
Suprising thing is, I have never watched the Elmer Fudd cartoon in mylife!I am just going on what my dad and friend tell me.

Shhhhhhhhhh.... Woket twacks!!!!!!

BlueNinja

Reaction score
Rocket tracks....Would that be smoke or holes in the ground caused by fins?:confused::p

If ya get cartoon network, I believe it's on around 2 or 3 central time. It doesn't always show fudd though.