If I were king, I would...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were king..
Fines would reflect your current income; you would pay a percentage of your income for any infraction, not a set amount.. (so it hurts no matter how rich you are!)
I would establish a baseline for a car / vehicle; basic weight, engine size & HP. If you're under, you get a refund, a bonus, a rebate.. if you're' over, you pay for the luxury, want, privilege.. (farmers, contractors & others would be exempt due to work requirements for a large vehicle, provided they can prove the need for..)
Reign in Big Pharma
Tax the church..

I like the fine idea. I was in an elevator back when smoking indoors was first banned. It had the sign, "Smoking or carrying lighted tobacco products is prohibited. Fine shall not exceed $25.00."

I though to myself, a rich guy who wants to smoke in the elevator could do it whenever he wants, and just hand out $25 checks to no end.

However, disagree about taxing "the church." Not sure if you mean the Roman Catholic Church, but my little Presbyterian church can barely make its budget, and we'd have to fire our pastor if they started taxing us. And if a precedent is set for taxing non-profit organizations, then NAR and TRA and all of our little rocket clubs would get taxed, too.

Everybody starts with a '74 MGB (manual everything, ragtop of dubious condition). 2 years of good driving (onboard monitor checks ratio of turns/lane-changes to turn signal usage and number of cars passing vs being passed on the right) and you get an upgrade in horsepower or size. The next 2 years allow for power brakes or steering. The next allow automatic transmission. After that, every 2 years of good driving gets you a Gold Ticket. 2 Gold tickets can be exchanged for a Weapons Van, which when summoned, will provide Oil Slick, Caltrops, Smoke Screen and (after 16years of good driving) a SAM to take out those pesky helicopters. Each deployment from the Weapons Van will be accompanied by the Peter Gunn theme in 8-bit...

[video=youtube;l-2h4XnKZ3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-2h4XnKZ3g[/video]

Back