3D Printing IDEX printer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallace

Reaction score
Bought it a few months ago but had to wait for the time/space continuim to align before I could set it up. First impressions are on the high side 20190810_063759.jpg of positive.

So far all I've printed are X/Y calibration bits. Think I'm pretty damn close.20190810_063812.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it's a knockoff of a Hictop Duale 3. Tenlog being the brand and I'm not really certain on the whole model# shell game thing. They seem to have several different yet similar printers in the wild so it's basically Chinese business as usual. Not really interested in dual color printing but I'm sure I'll use it in that mode occasionally. My goal is to be able to make complex prints that'll require inaccessible support materiel that can be dissolved away in lieu of mechanical removal. Results from my research to date seem to point to it not being as straight forward as some filament manufacturers claims (anyone have experience/tips/tricks for said?) Gonna pick up some PVA and HIPS and see what and how much frustration my future holds. At least one person has "discovered" a way to use cheap PLA for supports and dissolve it away with some sort of witches brew, so if nothing else it'll at least be a fun experiment. As an added bonus it is also capable of either cloned or mirrored prints at the same time so it has the potential of saving some precious printing time:)

There are so many out there. I am building a knock-off Prusa from spare parts. This will be number 5.

20190810_084236.jpg 20190810_084241.jpg Really impressed with their Q.C. After a thorough check , all I did was tune the Y axis wheel tension, bolt on the gantry and extruders and level the bed. The extruder(s) offsets probably would have even given at least functional if not great prints w/out even dialing 'em in. Plugged in the harness, fired 'er up with the included full size (gotta love it) SD card and crappy included PLA and hit print. Hell, even the glass bed is flat...Can't even remember the last time anything worked out that easily. I suspect with a bit of slicer tuning it'll turn out some really nice parts.

Last edited:
Shockingly enough, first print success. And 2 tone to boot...

Not sure what model you have there, but I just picked up the tenlog-tl D3 pro. Had to download their version of Cura off of their website. But I am running into a slicer issue. By any chance did you get an error message about the wipe retraction speed settings? No matter what I change these values to, it wont go passed this error. Wondering if it is a Tenlog profile issue or if I should update Cure from 4.6.2 their version to the newer version. Any input would be helpful.

Back