Identify this kit?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob702Martinez

Zip-Tie Oversight Committee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help with this one. Digging through the massive build pile today and found this "kit" if it even is a "kit". Could be a bunch of left over parts by coincidence.

The fins, nose cone tip, eyebolt and stepped aluminum bulk plates were all sealed in the bag shown.

The nose cone, switch band, coupler and body tube were all taped together on their own.

The details are;

Looks to be MD.
33" booster section thinwall FG, blue.
11 & 3/8" thinwall FG nose cone, black.
1" thinwall FG switch band, blue.
5 & 1/2" coupler section FG, thick walled, blue.
5 & 7/8" fin root, 2 & 3/8" fin span, one bevel.
Fins are 17/128" thick or 3.46mm or 0.1360".
(Bigger than 1/8" but smaller than 9/64")
Has 4 fins.
20190416_180525.jpg
20190416_180533.jpg
20190416_182217.jpg
Thanks in advance!

I dunno...sure looks like a Wildman Mach-2 54mm airframe what size is above?

He did have a few blue airframes laying around.

Looks like one from Black Sat 2 yrs ago, that's my bet. It was a 65.00 special

Some came with glue/fin guides..some may not have or those may be in your pile. I have the vent band, but not shown in parts pic. I also added the super bevel to leading and back edge. Did not come with back edge bevel.
Either way you got one heck of a high performance rocket there!

I bought 2 and made a 2 stager but all needed steps are in my build: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/cj-builds-wm-mach-2-rocket-2-stage.144264/

Thanks Tim for making this kit. I'm excited to get it going, forgot I bought this a while ago and couldn't figure it out. I've got a nice 54mm tailcone closure for it too.

Back