ID this rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I looking for the identity and manufacturer of this rocket if anyone knows.

27E7B9B2-78E1-4884-8612-086F1DF3C1E2.jpeg

It might be, but I think I remember a kit by Blacksky or someone else.

The fin can doesn't match anything I have in my resources. That said, the fins look like the ones from the Pro Series Terrier Sandhawk, using 3, and not all 4. If the body tube is close to BT-60, I'd propose it's a Lithonia Florescent Light Tube Guard cut to a custom length. The rest could be standard parts scratched together for a possible night launch rocket project.

Yes, definitely an Acme fin can, looks like 38mm. Also, is that a piston ejection? That orange part looks like a piston. Definitely a scratch build.

Chuck,

That is a 38mm Acme Fin Can . . . The clear plastic tube appears to be a "Sleeve" for a fluorescent light tube . . . Nose cone identity is unknown.

Dave F.

Chuck,

That is a 38mm Acme Fin Can . . . The clear plastic tube appears to be a "Sleeve" for a fluorescent light tube . . . Nose cone identity is unknown.

Dave F.
I'm going to propose that the nosecone is the same nosecone as you'd find on a Conquest, or a QCC Explorer (the one that comes with a tail cone).

Thanks, guys. It is a gift for our raffle. The owner passed and gifts a large collection to the club.

Recieved all the parts from Rocketarium to do the Up scale of the Centuri "Astro 1". Coming in at 31 inches long, 2.60 BT-80 airframe and a 24mm Motor mount. Weight comes in about 7 ounces. Made the fins out of Basswood on my Slide Saw. The small Astro 1 in the picture next to the parts is an original 1972 Centuri model.

Attachments

• DSCF4300.JPG
    DSCF4300.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Chuck

Look just above the lower centering ring and you can see something white inside of the clear tube
I thought it was a LED but no wires or any place below the ring to install a power supply for a LED

Bobby

Back