I'd like to subsidize a young person's L1 attempts - come get your hundred bucks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Blatz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all-

I have a hundred dollars to help any qualifying NAR or TRA member get their L1 cert. Here's the requirements-

1) You must be legally able to pursue your L1 and have a reasonable level of prior experience (ie, you have flown some F-G stuff).
2) Have a plan for what you are going to do - what you are going to build and the motor you plan to use.
3) Novel and interesting rocket designs receive extra consideration. Tell me a story.
4) I'll need to see proof you are under 21.
5) Please post to this thread your plans. Hopefully it'll inspire others or at least be interesting.

This is not anything to do with TRF, they are just kindly letting me use the forum to advertise this offer. I am awarding three of these. Entry closes 05-26-2023.

That’s excellent. Our club always pays for JR level 1 cert rockets and motors for our young’ins. We just had an14 year old pass his written test. Super excited to get him a kit.

We are a brand new section and have a 14 year old girl who is pursuing her L1 she is team captain of our new TARC team any help in pursuing her ambitions would be amazing.
I think I speak for the community when I say that we would very much like to see details of the project if/when it gets underway.

We have 3-5 students from our TARC team pursuing L1 over the summer, but I don't think they're far enough along to have kits selected and the like.

We are a brand new section and have a 14 year old girl who is pursuing her L1 she is team captain of our new TARC team any help in pursuing her ambitions would be amazing.
Ok. Does she have a plan? Has she ever flown any medium power stuff? I want to help but those are conditions I specified up front. Give me a way to go and I can pay up.

Back