Ice storm victims

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrowolf67

Reaction score
I don't know who all has suffered, but, I'm just now getting back to a normal routine from all this mess. We finally broke down and bought a generator today, and, I just wanted to get online for a bit to say, "Hey!". I understand Darryl Hankes of KY Wildman/ Nocturnal Knight Rocketry has taken a pretty good hit and suffered a lot of property damage. We were lucky, lots of trees lost, and power has been out for a week now. We are told it will be another two to four weeks before our power is restored. So, if you don't see me lurking around, you will know why.

To all my other fellow rocketeers who are suffering through this mess, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

David

No damage here, but my sister lives in Louuhvul, Ky. She says power may be out until mid Feb. That's hard to believe!

Good luck Astro.

Good luck guys and gals. We know what it's like. We had a monster ice storm last winter here in Oklahoma. The wife and I lasted 4 days before we broke down and purchased a generator.

We'll be pulling for ya.

looks like we Brits can not cope with any snow at all - we had about an inch where i live and that was enough to close local schools (but not the one i work in)

No damage here, but my sister lives in Louuhvul, Ky. She says power may be out until mid Feb. That's hard to believe!

Good luck Astro.

That's what we are being told, middle to end of Feb. Good thing it's a short month! :) Being a route driver at the local Coke, it's amazing seeing the damage that was done. Hardly a tree left unharmed. It is suppose to start warming back up into the 30's and 40's here starting tomorrow, so, things are looking up, at least for a few days.

Thanks,
David

Some folks I know in Indiana had to huddle up by the fireplace. He was low on seasoned firewood too. You don'y hear much about how FEMA was responding in Kentucky or regarding the response to the storm aftermath in general.

Some folks I know in Indiana had to huddle up by the fireplace. He was low on seasoned firewood too. You don'y hear much about how FEMA was responding in Kentucky or regarding the response to the storm aftermath in general.

In order to reply to that I'd have to go over to YORF's politics thread...

Back