I was told I have to many parachutes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
So my wife came home when I had the garage open. I was doing some parachute organization (inspect, measure, weigh, label and zip lock for quick install). She said it was to much and asked why I needed so many. lol... I'm still looking for more (~90" and 120"). I think it's perfect.
32309.jpg

Whatever that Yoshi/dinosaur thing on the left is, it agrees with her.

Looks like you've got enough rockets for then though, so at least you've got a pragmatic justification.

hahaha. the car is not a priority and lives in the driveway.

The turtle is a little scooter for my 1 year old when he gets a little bigger.

They take up valuable rocket space with their "stuff".

Most of that front pile are used projects to be fixed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's a joke in the 'hood. Everybody knows when I'm going out to fly. I fluff the chutes I'm using after I take them out of the three totes I use to store them in. I hang them on a bar hung from a tree in the front yard I use to air out sleeping bags and parachutes, sometimes both at once. Wife absolutely hates it when I 'air the laundry'-LOL!

Looks like a 7.5" Big Daddy by Smoking Rockets. Pick one up at Performance Hobbies.

Too many chutes and too many rockets. I will PM you my address so that you can clear out some space.

hahaha. poor yoshi might be unstable.

And I'll bring extra rockets to launches if you want one.

So my wife came home when I had the garage open. I was doing some parachute organization (inspect, measure, weigh, label and zip lock for quick install). She said it was to much and asked why I needed so many. lol... I'm still looking for more (~90" and 120"). I think it's perfect.

I suppose the same question would apply as to, why she has so many shoes?

I took a quick look and between us Wayne and I have 52 rockets with parachutes in them and another 42 parachutes in inventory and I know we are picking up another 4 or 5 from Top Flight at Airfest. You can never have too many parachutes.

For the record, Wayne has more shoes than I do......

I took a quick look and between us Wayne and I have 52 rockets with parachutes in them and another 42 parachutes in inventory and I know we are picking up another 4 or 5 from Top Flight at Airfest. You can never have too many parachutes.

But I'll bet you look better in them.... :lol:

She should be happy your spending all your time fiddling with your chutes and such. This kind of activity tends to keep us out of real trouble.

Wish I had a garage that looked like that... most of my work is done on a fold-up table.

Cris. you can come do all the work you want up here. I will clean the bench off and provide beverages.

But I'll bet you look better in them.... :lol:

She looks better with rockets, regardless of what else she is wearing...
Sharon%20darkstar%20roc.jpg

Since she is giving away personal data, she can't wear all my shoes, but I can get into her pants.

Hey, get your mind out of the gutter. I'm wearing a pair of her Gramicci's now. They are very Comfort-able.

I really shouldn't do this, but I'm gonna correct my Honey. At least thirty of those rockets are dual deploy with two chutes, and we are meeting with Preston, the new owner of Top Flight, and picking up six new chutes and a streamer....

I usually interchange my chutes. When I buy a kit I sale the flat nylon sheet that some consider a chute and buy a real one if needed? I don't hoard chutes. I see no need to. I guess its my OCD kicking in.

My workshop is my basement. It's LOADED with rockets, hey, BTW, that should be the next thread, "What's your workshop look like?"

Thanks,

Sometimes when I don't have a particular chute for a rocket I simply just tie a rock on the end of the shock and stuff it into the airframe. I prefer to use a quick and swivel so to prevent and spin. I find that the flat type of rocks create more drag.

View attachment 326463

The "fix" for this problem is to help your wife get her L1.

- and for the record, It's not possible to have too many parachutes or too many rockets. More likely the house or garage, or workshop is just to small.

Instead of birthday streamers I'm going to start hanging parachutes for birthday celebrations! That'll justify at least 6 more, especially if they start building theme chutes, oh hey there's an idea Preston!

Back