I was gifted mission patches!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huxter

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was gifted over 2 dozen mission patches from Apollo, Gemini, Skylab, Galileo... I'm sure they're replicas of the patches, but still very very cool! :cool::cool:

A co-worker got them from someone who worked at (Morton) Thiokol in northern Utah. I do not know if this person retired, passed on or what?

I have a 5 foot poster of a STS-121 spacewalk. I'm gonna put these around that poster somehow. My man-cave will look awesome! Pics to follow someday!

MissionPatches.jpg

I was gifted over 2 dozen mission patches from Apollo, Gemini, Skylab, Galileo... I'm sure they're replicas of the patches, but still very very cool! :cool::cool:

A co-worker got them from someone who worked at (Morton) Thiokol in northern Utah. I do not know if this person retired, passed on or what?

I have a 5 foot poster of a STS-121 spacewalk. I'm gonna put these around that poster somehow. My man-cave will look awesome! Pics to follow someday!

View attachment 570148
You must post pictures of the man-cave display when you're done!

Here's the corner of the man cave where the patches will go on the wall. The big poster is a spacewalk from STS-121. The poster on the left is of "1998 NASA Astronauts" - there are many names on these patches that are also on the 2 posters.

I'd like to make a quality display for the patches and put them in between the 2 posters on the wall. I've just started looking at how do it justice. Any suggestions? Like a shadow box w felt lined shelves??? I'm not the most artsy! :)

I'll sort the patches by program: Gemini, Apollo, Space Shuttle...

TIA

ManCave.jpg

Very cool! I used to collect a few of those when I was a kid.

In the museum of flight gift shop they have a little book that describes each of them, the Mission Patch Handbook.

Back