I was cleaning out the attic....

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by SecretSquirrel, Feb 25, 2003.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Feb 25, 2003 #1

SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

.... and found these. Maybe I should clean more often.

2. Feb 25, 2003 #2

Micromeister

Micromeister

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut TRF Supporter TRF Lifetime Supporter

Woo Secret!
    Now that's a find. used to have a vulcan it was a pretty neat paper shroud model.
    Sometimes it's good to go digging:)

3. Feb 25, 2003 #3

gerbs4me

gerbs4me

gerbs4me

sweet,
    you never know what your gonna find when you start digging

4. Feb 25, 2003 #4

sandman

sandman

sandman

Gee...I don't even HAVE an attic!

Maybe I should have put one in when I built my house.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep going to garage sales and looking around.

sandman

5. Feb 25, 2003 #5

astronboy

astronboy

astronboy

Sandman.. Yes...do go to garage sales... check out what my MOm (!) picked up for me a few years ago: (The best part was it was marked $5, but my Mom got them down to $3!!)

6. Feb 25, 2003 #6

SPONGE

SPONGE

SPONGE

Yes garage sales can be a gold mine if you hit the right one. That's where my mother in law picked up:
    a Blue Bird Zero new in the package
    an unbuilt, but opened Patriot and a wrecked Patriot
    a wrecked Advanced Target Drone
    a wrecked Black Brant
    parts from two or three other rockets that I have not identified
    and the mother load -- a box full of around $300 worth of engines from 1/2A to D-12:D
    I used to kind of look down at her garage sale hobby, but now I don't say a word:D That Blue Bird Zero is a cool rocket. I've already cloned it with a 24mm MMT.

7. Feb 25, 2003 #7

jflis

jflis

jflis

i love my wife...

We were flea-marketing one afternoon (we make a habit of doing this for the primary purpose of looking for rocketry stuff and my wife's eye is as good as mine!)...

...well, she noticed a broken fin attached to a bent body tube sticking out of a box.... she suspected... and called my attention to it. The cardboard box was about 8 inches wide and deep and 18 inches tall and had a VERY faded estes logo on the side (where's that fribulator!)

so, i start digging and while i dig, some guy walks over as he sees i'm interested...

I pulled out a busted up Ranger and a busted up something-or-other (non-kit) then found a partially built Honest John (K kit) and the bag of parts... (tip of the ol' iceberg...)

next out was a built, mint Alpha K-kit with the instrucitons and all the fin patterns, then it got good...

mint, in the package Farside, Scout, Mark, Cobra, Bertha, Ranger... Blue tube motors, unopened, packs of ignitors and an estes range box (metal)....

by now my wife is kicking me (calm down! she whispers!) *S* I ask the guy what he's asking and he says $40 firm. (kathy says "just stay down there" (she could see my leg shaking)) and in true flea-market fashion I said "nothings firm, 35 bucks"

"sold!" As I paid him and gathered up the box, I heard him comment to his buddy "yea, i sold that box of junk.... " I didn't hear the rest... He was happy, I was happy.

i'm almost (almose, i say) ashamed to admit what I sold that "box of junk" for and I still have that built Alpha, the motors and the range box....

what a find!

I love my wife
    :) :) :)