I want a whistle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

kramer714

Reaction score
Has anyone flown their Madcow Piranha yet? I know many of us bought that one when it was on the Black Friday special.
The kid launched one that I got him from the black Friday special, he changed it out to a 38mm, added a bunch of nose weight and launched it on a two grain Cessaroni, flew great (but no whistle).

Mike K

Red7Fifty

Reaction score
This is an old thread....but I've got a Composite Krill Aircraft Katana that has Live Hinges on the Ailerons. That design, and early FiberClassics (CARF) whistled when you rolled the airplane. Air moving around the wing where the top of the aileron was live hinged (surface hinged) but open on the bottom, made a light screech/whistle sound. Maybe that will be one on my next projects......

Wallace

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Of course the JU-87 sirens had an engadgable propeller for ease of turning on/off absolute terror...

Binder Design

Reaction score
Kits on the market today that are similar to the ones you list are the Madcow Frenzy (the 4' cardboard version) and the Binder Design Samurai and Raptor.
The Galaxy is the one you want, on a fast burn motor. If the motor burns too long, the rocket is too high to hear the whistle.

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Those were commonly built with a Hemi.
Yep . . . That one was powered by a 331 Hemi . . . I have "visions" of a 426 Hemi-powered one, with Dual Quads or fuel-injected, with a 6-71 Blower - LOL !

Dave F.

Last edited:

Wallace

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Dave: You have to much "spare time"..

Latest posts