I think I found something that might survive China Post...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My Mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas that she could send me.

I think I figured out a rocket that would actually survive the trip through China Post...

The Estes Quinstar.

Only one tube to be crushed, and depending on how they break the box, a set of fins should be able to survive the trip (presuming they don't lose it). From that, I can create the damaged/lost/missing pieces from balsa.

NO, I won't be simming this in OR.

Yes, I might want to upscale this to HPR.

Last edited:
No, you don't need anything but what's in the kit. Comes with a BT50 and an 18 mm mount to go in it...

So, I was wrong, it has two body tubes that China Post can crush. If it survives the trip here, I might have to make it convertible from 18mm to 24mm motors.

So, I was wrong, it has two body tubes that China Post can crush. If it survives the trip here, I might have to make it convertible from 18mm to 24mm motors.
No explicit effort required. Just shove an 18mm motor into a spent D, pop it in, and you're good to do. Worked for me. To be fair it flies fine on a C6-0 but I enjoy seeing it go up on a D.

Back