I really have seen it all now.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skateboard wheels....one word...GRAVEL

many times haulin butt on my board and small gravel brings the wheels to a sudden stop, its where road rash comes from.

No protective gear, not even glasses.
Now that's how we did things when I was a kid!
Kids today are babied way too much.
I guess that's why so many of today's kids are over weight and afraid of everything besides their cell phones and game consoles.
Bumps and bruises, chipped teeth, maybe a broken bone—to a kid growing up in the '50s, it all came with the territory. We didn't do things because they were safe. We did them because they were fun. And we lived to tell about it!

Since the dead can't speak, I'll speak for them: "Nope, we didn't all make it!" :angel:👻

Since the dead can't speak, I'll speak for them: "Nope, we didn't all make it!"
I remember now. It was the early '60s. Tens of millions of kids died from injuries sustained while riding bikes without helmets. And protective eyewear. And knee pads, elbow pads, and leathers. It was a nationwide tragedy.

[Edit] Sorry. What I meant to say is I must have been lucky growing up.

Last edited:
No protective gear, not even glasses.
Now that's how we did things when I was a kid!
Kids today are babied way too much.
I guess that's why so many of today's kids are over weight and afraid of everything besides their cell phones and game consoles.
+1...what he said.

Back