I opened some boxes after over a decade....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13

Reaction score
I went looking for something, My Mini-Mars Lander kit.

I didn't find it but I found A LOT of other stuff....

PAzWadQh.jpg

lXZ5ZnGh.jpg

Not shown are the boxes of bodytubes, nose cones, and fin stock.

I have all the parts together for the Estes Gemini-Titan clone I was going to start with a sweet set of Sticker shock wraps
at least another whole Mars Lander clone in parts.
Another Outlander in parts.
I collected most of the parts to clone the old Estes Mercury-Redstone.
Plus laser cut Semroc fins/ balsa nose cones for many old classics,

Mach 10, Wolverine, Moonraker, Dragonship.

Sadly I had forgotten about most of these, Time moves on.

Between the rockets and plastic models I have it looks a bit like a small hobby shop down in my corner of the basement.

I was surprised when I started going through them, what I had, but each has a story. Most were kits I wanted as a kid but didn't have the skill or money.

Oh, I forgot. I also have the Star Trek Enterprise and Klingon.

Now where are they....

I will pay you twenty-five American dollars to send the lot to me. I know it's hard to believe, but I'm serious. Twenty-five dollars in cold, hard cash can be yours! Just send all that stuff to me. I will even pay postage!

You'll never be offered a deal like this again, I'm sure.

Best -- Terry
PS: Seriously, you are a lucky stiff and I envy you!

Such a deal!!!!

I'm surprised I only have 2 FlisKits. Probably because I built them! Jim's kits were great!

These are from what I call the the 2nd golden age of rocketry. Estes was kind of dropping the ball back then but Semroc and Fliskits picked up the slack!

I also have the Estes dragster. A real pain to set up, but fun.

Look at that 1B sitting there taking up all that space in your house. It must be such a burden. I could help you with that, you know. I’d be willing to carry that load for you. Just take it off your hands so you wouldn’t have it looking at you everyday with those eight little fins, that 4-motor cluster and oh so impossible tower of dowels. You don’t really need it, do you? It must weigh so heavy on your mind. I can help you. And for only a small fee.

F01D28F1-468C-4D79-87F4-AE005B3F1C1E.gif

And I thought I was good at procrastinating, I only have a dozen or so kits from years ago that I haven't got around to yet. But don't I see a couple of Mars Landers in there?

Gentlemen, we are in the presence of greatness.
It would be great if I built and flew them all!
This is what happened when I left the hobby. I just packed it all up and forgot about it.

I miss Carl too.

The MMX Hawk I just bought from eRockets. I have no Idea when I got the full sized one. I have one built that I used to fly so I don't need it. You can have it if you want. I probably won't ever get to it and would like to see it go to a good home.
The catch is I don't think I can get it in the mail for 7-10 days. Just PM me your address.

Look at that 1B sitting there taking up all that space in your house. It must be such a burden. I could help you with that, you know. I’d be willing to carry that load for you. Just take it off your hands so you wouldn’t have it looking at you everyday with those eight little fins, that 4-motor cluster and oh so impossible tower of dowels. You don’t really need it, do you? It must weigh so heavy on your mind. I can help you. And for only a small fee.

View attachment 432744
I would, but I'm still under the false impression that I will build it someday....

But I appreciate your kind offer! :cool:

I went looking for something, My Mini-Mars Lander kit.

I didn't find it but I found A LOT of other stuff....

PAzWadQh.jpg

lXZ5ZnGh.jpg

Not shown are the boxes of bodytubes, nose cones, and fin stock.

I have all the parts together for the Estes Gemini-Titan clone I was going to start with a sweet set of Sticker shock wraps
at least another whole Mars Lander clone in parts.
Another Outlander in parts.
I collected most of the parts to clone the old Estes Mercury-Redstone.
Plus laser cut Semroc fins/ balsa nose cones for many old classics,

Mach 10, Wolverine, Moonraker, Dragonship.

Sadly I had forgotten about most of these, Time moves on.

Between the rockets and plastic models I have it looks a bit like a small hobby shop down in my corner of the basement.
Suddenly I feel a lot better about my stash. Tho, I do have an embarrassing number of built but not properly finished and almost fully built. My goal is not to buy any new rockets until I've most of the current stuff finished. I did buy some small Estes kits at that %50 off sale they just had, but those go in the stuff-for-my-kids-to-build pile, which I do not count as being in my pile ;)

Suddenly I feel a lot better about my stash. Tho, I do have an embarrassing number of built but not properly finished and almost fully built. My goal is not to buy any new rockets until I've most of the current stuff finished. I did buy some small Estes kits at that %50 off sale they just had, but those go in the stuff-for-my-kids-to-build pile, which I do not count as being in my pile ;)
Tho I would buy an Estes Phoenix if I could find one that wasn't $100+. I still have the cover, decal sheet, and instructions for one that I apparently built at some point but of which I have no recollection or idea of it's location

Tho I would buy an Estes Phoenix if I could find one that wasn't $100+. I still have the cover, decal sheet, and instructions for one that I apparently built at some point but of which I have no recollection or idea of it's location
Why not clone it? You've got what's probably the hardest part, the decals, if they're is usable condition. Even if they're not, you've got them to scan.

I finally found my Mini Marslander kit! And my mini Marz Lander RTF.

8Uguzboh.jpg

The legs are missing from the cardstock sheet, but I have the patterns and pleanty of sheet styrene.

So I now have every version on the ML!

Back