I never win anything....but

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
while detailing the inside of my truck and listening to KLOS I won tickets to see Metallica @ the Rose Bowl on the 29th of July. 3rd try I got through and thought why is the phone ringing over and over. DJ comes on and she says I'm the 25th caller.

In the drawing for floor seats and the opportunity to walk the band to the stage.

Just need some rocker chick to take...:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

while detailing the inside of my truck and listening to KLOS I won tickets to see Metallica @ the Rose Bowl on the 29th of July. 3rd try I got through and thought why is the phone ringing over and over. DJ comes on and she says I'm the 25th caller.

In the drawing for floor seats and the opportunity to walk the band to the stage.

Just need some rocker chick to take...:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
I'd wear pantyhose, but the beard stays.....LOL!!! Good for you, Dan!

Dude! :headbang: I don't really do concerts - usually very expensive, no where near me, and/or the live sound isn't as good as recorded albums - but I would love to see Metallica. The Black album hits close to home for me. Unfortunately, they NEVER play anywhere near me in the deep south. :(

TJ, they will be in Atlanta in July

Yeah... On my weekend to work. :facepalm: My work week starts on a Thursday and ends on Wednesday (seven 12 hour days) and I already work out of state in the opposite direction from Atlanta, so taking vacation days isn't really an option.

The Black album hits close to home for me. (

i saw metallica in '86- about 2 months before cliff burton died. they warmed up for ozzy at pine knob. i wasnt into metallica at the time, but quite an ozzy fan.
then the black album came out. instant fan.
then saw em in '92 at the silverdome. wicked badass concert.well, metallica was anyways. GnR,though-2 hour break between bands, which wasnt planned. roadies had the stage switched over pretty quick. THEN axl barfed onstage mid song, walked off stage. amazingly he returned,apologized,replayed the song, but he didnt sound good,imo.
luckily, though things reallt started to fall apart for GnR after that.
they could have been as big as metallica if it wasnt for axl and his ego.

Yeah, I wasn't as much a fan of the "Heavy Metal" genre when I was in High School (Class of '89), so I really missed a lot of these bands in their hey-day. I was a fan of GnR, but Axl's really a D'bag.

Yeah, it's hard to hear Axl fronting ACDC. His voice just doesn't really fit as a replacement to Brian Johnson... Or Bon Scott!

You'll have to let us know if they play "The Power of Gold" as their opening song....

I've seen them in concert 4 times and that's how they open every show.

so what is the Power of Gold is some type of video or is it one of their songs? On YOUTUBE they were playing in Nimes ...their opening song Blackened which was pretty cool. Or are you talking about that intro that sounds like a beer commercial?

so what is the Power of Gold is some type of video or is it one of their songs? On YOUTUBE they were playing in Nimes ...their opening song Blackened which was pretty cool. Or are you talking about that intro that sounds like a beer commercial?

It's actually "The Ecstacy of Gold". It's the theme song of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Search YouTube for that.

Yeah, it's hard to hear Axl fronting ACDC. His voice just doesn't really fit as a replacement to Brian Johnson... Or Bon Scott!

although i think axl's vocals would be the only one that would sound good( at least with just a quick search of my memory and wwhat i know of lead singers)with malcom retiring and brian retiring from tours, id rather AC(thunderbolt)DC would call it a day over having axl do vocals in concert. seems like too much risk of disappointing fans.

it was about 2 years ago fans were concerned about brian johnsons mental health when they noticed a teleprompter for him-concerned he might be having some dimentia/alzheimers symptoms.
in an interview a little after the concerns became more known, brian said,"noooo, nothing wrong with my mental health. weve recorded over 200 songs for christs sake! i cant remember the lyrics for them all. would the fans rather i dont use it and sound like a babbling fool onstage?"

although i think axl's vocals would be the only one that would sound good( at least with just a quick search of my memory and wwhat i know of lead singers)with malcom retiring and brian retiring from tours, id rather AC(thunderbolt)DC would call it a day over having axl do vocals in concert. seems like too much risk of disappointing fans.

Just like Van Halen should have done the last time they toured with DLR! From what I've seen/heard on YouTube... Aweful!

it was about 2 years ago fans were concerned about brian johnsons mental health when they noticed a teleprompter for him-concerned he might be having some dimentia/alzheimers symptoms.
in an interview a little after the concerns became more known, brian said,"noooo, nothing wrong with my mental health. weve recorded over 200 songs for christs sake! i cant remember the lyrics for them all. would the fans rather i dont use it and sound like a babbling fool onstage?"
Brian Johnson has a cable TV show called "Cars That Rock" and I have been impressed with his racing skills. He's quite the conversationalist in both English and Italian. Never knew his mother was Italian.

Pretty certain Brian is as sharp as ever and is doing remarkably well for a 70-ish year old rock star. A lively dude.

Afterburners, i might get your adrenaline flowing a bit here.
my son got a pair of tickets for the detroit show( comerica park) right when they went on sale. show was last night. his friend that was going with him had to pull out last week, so he asked me if i wanted to go.
geee, let me check my schedule. :)
mi no concert expert. ive been to quite a few concerts,though, with most of them being mid 80's through early 2000's.i think the softest concert i went to until alan jackson in 2001 was....hmmmmm.....probably bob seger. i rank last nights show in the top 3 of concerts ive seen. WICKED BADASS! not obnoxiusly loud, but awesome sound. pretty wicked light show, especially when they played "One."metallica jammed for 2 1/2 hours and covered songs throughout their career.
volbeat and avenged sevenfold warmed up for them, but i see volbeat isnt going to be at the rose bowl. but they sounded just like they do on the radio. danish rock band- who knew!
avenged sevenfold- i like their music, but the vocals live were meh.

dont know if hes going to be there, but mix master mike- the beastie boys DJ/mixmaster "spun" the tunes before and between gigs. i personally aint into that mixing music up like that, but cant say i ever really heard it. so, with my little knowledge of how them mixmasters work shows, id say he did pretty dam good.
i guess? :)

i think youre gonna love the show.

one thing i have always questioned at concerts:
mosh pits.
WTH!?!?!?!

I'm glad to hear Metallica is still putting on an awesome show. I've always been more of a fan of the earlier stuff (pre Black album).
I am taking my 11yo twin boys to see Iron Maiden next week. I can't wait , It'll be my 8th time seeing them. Always an incredible show.

I'm glad to hear Metallica is still putting on an awesome show. I've always been more of a fan of the earlier stuff (pre Black album).
I am taking my 11yo twin boys to see Iron Maiden next week. I can't wait , It'll be my 8th time seeing them. Always an incredible show.

If you haven't heard their latest album, Hardwired, you should definitely check it out. Awesome music that in ways goes back to the older stuff.

If you haven't heard their latest album, Hardwired, you should definitely check it out. Awesome music that in ways goes back to the older stuff.

definately much better than the last few albums.
funny how theyre still called albums. are albums still made even?

Back