I Need To Re-Think The EggTimer Mini GPS-LCD Receiver System

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've flown my Eggtimer TRS to 14,600 feet and Mach 1.4, re-acquired signal during coast up and never lost signal until touchdown over half a mile away, so I don't think the range on the wireless 900 MHz is your issue.
I've flown my Mini to 4800 feet and Mach 0.95 a few times with no issues until...I had a nose cone separate immediately after boost at Springfest, probably at about Mach 0.9. The airframe was zippered and the chute tore from it's shroud lines. The mini and battery were duct taped to the shock cord so they were ejected and this broke a battery lead. Signal was thus not reacquired after boost and my LCD pointed me back to the launch pad.
Since your symptoms are similar to mine I suspect that you also lost power to the Mini during or immediately after boost.

I've flown my Eggtimer TRS to 14,600 feet and Mach 1.4, re-acquired signal during coast up and never lost signal until touchdown over half a mile away, so I don't think the range on the wireless 900 MHz is your issue.
I've flown my Mini to 4800 feet and Mach 0.95 a few times with no issues until...I had a nose cone separate immediately after boost at Springfest, probably at about Mach 0.9. The airframe was zippered and the chute tore from it's shroud lines. The mini and battery were duct taped to the shock cord so they were ejected and this broke a battery lead. Signal was thus not reacquired after boost and my LCD pointed me back to the launch pad.
Since your symptoms are similar to mine I suspect that you also lost power to the Mini during or immediately after boost.
Thanks for the info!
That must have been what happened to me!
I’ve already ordered 2 more kits to replace the one and have back up.,.

Franz in NJ

Back