I need some Ideas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
So far I have been making decal sets for rockets I like and ones I get requests for. But I am running out of ideas. So I am asking for some input.

What decal sets would you like to see? I figure after I get some Ideas, maybe I'll sponsor a contest. Have a vote for your favorite sets, and whomever chose the winning set, gets a set FREE! (I'll work out those details as we go)

I'll even take input for a contest Idea. :cool:

Thanks
Mark

Are you looking for suggestions for existing/old rocket models to make decals for? Or . . . brand new theme ideas from which you will create new, unique decal sets?

I’m partial to various ‘generic’ style sheets..
What about adapting your flames to fit / wrap around various body tube diameters..
Ditto with various roll patterns & checker boards..
Wraps in general..
Cow patches / Apaloosa & Pinto patches? Some blotchy shapes to make your rocket look like a cow, or a Pinto pony…

What about some insignia? Them good ole’ “stars & bars” both old & new
Or roundels from the RCAF, RAF. RAAF, etc..
Some generic words: lift here, no lift, caution, on / off, “beware of blast” etc..

Blue Bird Zero?

Are you looking for suggestions for existing/old rocket models to make decals for? Or . . . brand new theme ideas from which you will create new, unique decal sets?

I'm more looking for "What Sets" of older rockets I could reproduce, but after "DR WOGS" answer, we may be onto something

I’m partial to various ‘generic’ style sheets..
What about adapting your flames to fit / wrap around various body tube diameters..
Ditto with various roll patterns & checker boards..
Wraps in general..
Cow patches / Apaloosa & Pinto patches? Some blotchy shapes to make your rocket look like a cow, or a Pinto pony…

What about some insignia? Them good ole’ “stars & bars” both old & new
Or roundels from the RCAF, RAF. RAAF, etc..
Some generic words: lift here, no lift, caution, on / off, “beware of blast” etc..

Blue Bird Zero?

Great ideas, I have a flames page, but never finished it. I think you are onto something. especially the "cow" "pinto" etc that are "wraps" to fit specific tubes.... maybe "Zebra" and "Tiger" stripes too.

I allready offer the BlueBird Zero..(love that rocket)

That would make for a really cool upscale...

Thanks for the ideas, Keep them coming!

i created these a while ago.. or, started with the intent!

Flame wraps, roll patterns, checkerboards, puzzle peices paint drips (and splotches!) panel lines with screw / rivet heads, vertical stripes (in a wrap) and wavy vertical stripes (waving flag) or make a swirley type taper pattern..

Tesselations, like the classic MC Escher checkerboards morphing into .. birds, fish, dots, etc..

Shadows to emulate louvers, indentations, dimples, panels, conduits, etc..

Bullet holes & cracks!
Zippers!
Button holes & buttons on fabric, like the indented button on a puffy pillow or cusion on your coutch!

bt-60 checks & stripes.jpg

bt-60 military.jpg

The good Doctor has some great ideas....I would like to add Rivets and screw heads...maybe sets for the TLP military kits.

If I were you, I'd be pursuing Excelsior and his Corel files like a mad dog. You seem to have the passion and have had some great reviews on your products.

I'd offer him the moon and make it happen!

I guess I better get busy with Corel!!

I was also thinking... How easy is it for you to shoot 'frisket film' through your cutter? Instead of cutting vinyl, what about cutting paint masks?

Mark, "DXF" are preffered for your vynil cutter?

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd be pursuing Excelsior and his Corel files like a mad dog. You seem to have the passion and have had some great reviews on your products.

I'd offer him the moon and make it happen!

I already tried, he is in the process of making the deal with someone else.

I guess I better get busy with Corel!!

I was also thinking... How easy is it for you to shoot 'frisket film' through your cutter? Instead of cutting vinyl, what about cutting paint masks?

Mark, "DXF" are preffered for your vynil cutter?

I have vinyl paint mask that is made for my cutter, I can make paint masks of anything we offer.

I'm not sure what "DXF"'s are. but I can work from most file types. I prefer EPS, AI, even jpeg, png tiff's etc.

DXF = Digital eXchange Format, basically the PDF of the CAD (2d) world. basically a vector file format..

I've known other vinyl cutters prefered the DXF, as no translation was needed from artwork to cutting file.. Just the lines, no fill, or line widths or the like..

DXF = Digital eXchange Format, basically the PDF of the CAD (2d) world. basically a vector file format..

I've known other vinyl cutters prefered the DXF, as no translation was needed from artwork to cutting file.. Just the lines, no fill, or line widths or the like..

I will check out my program and see if it will accept that. (I'm sure it will) any type of file that is like that it typically enters it directly as an editable shape.

I chose this software because it will use almost any format file. unlike some cutting software that will only work with vectors.

Back