I need a name!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsSmith

Reaction score
This rocket is done and I don't know what to name it! It's a few fiberglassed BT-70 tubes, a chopped up Rising Star's nosecone, and an Apogee nosecone. If all goes right, it will be my first rocket to reach a mile on an I200.

I was thinking of naming it the Echo Star, in honor of the Rising star that's hanging in a tree. But that's copying a name from an OOP Estes two stage rocket.

Another name is the Nuclear Flask, because this is my first fiberglassed rocket.

Does anybody have a better name?

RP 059.jpg

Last edited:
I'm lame when it comes to naming rockets, but I'd like to say that you did a very nice job on it. I love how it looks.

I'm lame when it comes to naming rockets, but I'd like to say that you did a very nice job on it. I love how it looks.

Thanks, that was my first scratch built rocket.

I'm waiting to paint it until the weather gets warmer and I have a name to base the paint off of.

How about Jane Doe or John Doe? Actually I am going to need to come up with a name for my own scratch build. Thought I'd ask my young nephews to help me come up with a name.

Mike

How about ....

............. Fallen Star or Shooting Star with some graphics like the pic between the 2 words. And a font in your choice.

shooting-star-02.gif

This rocket is done and I don't know what to name it! It's a few fiberglassed BT-70 tubes, a chopped up Rising Star's nosecone, and an Apogee nosecone. If all goes right, it will be my first rocket to reach a mile on an I200.

Apogee i5280
"eye" 5280 (use an eye-ball graphic)
Star Miler
The Miler
Apogee's Star
Chopped Roc
Rising to Apogee

Best I could do without more coffee.

Love the idea of having kids name rockets... that's where I got some of the best names.

Nick

I was thinking of naming it the Echo Star, in honor of the Rising star that's hanging in a tree. But that's copying a name from an OOP Estes two stage rocket.

Another name is the Nuclear Flask, because this is my first fiberglassed rocket.

Does anybody have a better name?

A mile on an I200...? "Running-With-Scissors" comes to mind as a name, but it is already taken by the Vatsaas Brothers...

How about "Screaming For Vengeance" ...you know, beacaue it is going to scream on that I200 and all(?)

Not Falling Star. I see that graphic all the time in the nursing homes I visit. It indicates patients who are at the highest risk for falling and hurting themselves.

How about Cross Country or Single Step (as in a journey of a thousand miles begins with a Single Step) to signify the many miles you will be walking inthe years ahead to retrieve her...:rolleyes:

How about Cross Country or Single Step (as in a journey of a thousand miles begins with a Single Step) to signify the many miles you will be walking inthe years ahead to retrieve her...:rolleyes:

LOL, yeah, it's going to a mile on single deploy...

It won't let me upload a rocksim file. :( Rocksim says it'll get to about 5350', so I don't think it'll get to a mile. I'll get close though.

Captian Bartlatch's Fiberglass Comet of Mile High Longing

A name of several names!

Captain Fiberglass
Fiberglass Mile
Bartlatch's Comet
Bartlatch's Longing
Bartlatch's Mile

And several more!

Last edited:
"Running-With-Scissors" comes to mind as a name, but it is already taken by the Vatsaas Brothers...

While I appreciate and support your efforts to acknowledge previous work (of geniuses? maniacs?), and it is indeed a name that would be hard to live up to, I also doubt that the Vatsaas crew would want anyone to think that this name is now so incredibly sacred that it may never never never be used again. (Shades of: TRFKAB)

That name is just too good to pass up. If a local TV crew is at the launch, that name on the side (plus a worthy paint job) could get your rocket onto the 10-oclock news. How about 'Running With Scissors II' or something on that line? (Which also sort of vaguely implies some kind of failure/disaster with 'R-W-S 1')

I suck at naming, but very nice rocket :)

Should scream on the I200 (try the H268 too while you're at it :))

My daughter thinks "Do Do Bird" would be a good name by the way...Just in case you are interested.

;)

-DAllen

While I appreciate and support your efforts to acknowledge previous work (of geniuses? maniacs?), and it is indeed a name that would be hard to live up to, I also doubt that the Vatsaas crew would want anyone to think that this name is now so incredibly sacred that it may never never never be used again. (Shades of: TRFKAB)

That name is just too good to pass up. If a local TV crew is at the launch, that name on the side (plus a worthy paint job) could get your rocket onto the 10-oclock news. How about 'Running With Scissors II' or something on that line? (Which also sort of vaguely implies some kind of failure/disaster with 'R-W-S 1')

I agree...

I'm looking for a name that will go with a very nice diamond plate vinyl I found. Maybe running with scissors would fit with chrome...

Should scream on the I200 (try the H268 too while you're at it )

Yep, that's the lineup. I200, H268, H250, H55, possibly H180 or 97 if the field is too small. Now, which one to pick for NSL...

>>>>>
Rocksim says it'll get to about 5350', so I don't think it'll get to a mile. I'll get close though.
<<<<<

Unless you are indicating you feel the RockSim numbers may be overestimating, or have been confused by the MetrEnglish conversion mess into thinking a mile is something like 6100 feet.....

A mile is 5280 feet.

5350 feet would be 1.013 miles.

Hmm, NOT suggeting this one. Just thought of an interesting rocket name related to this forum. But the connotations of it, nobody would want:

The TRF Grabber (Turf Grabber)
Which would sound like a rocket that lawn-darts a lot.

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
I trend towards nerdy/eccentric names....

1 statute mile = 5280 feet

1 statute mile = 0.333 332 663 63 league (statute)

How about "1/3rd of a League"

Last edited:
>>>>>
Rocksim says it'll get to about 5350', so I don't think it'll get to a mile. I'll get close though.
<<<<<

Unless you are indicating you feel the RockSim numbers may be overestimating, or have been confused by the MetrEnglish conversion mess into thinking a mile is something like 6100 feet.....

A mile is 5280 feet.

Now even I'm not that stupid... ;);););)

I'm just saying Rocksim might be overestimating, I'm expecting around 5100'.

(only 4 images allowed, sheesh)

I trend towards nerdy/eccentric names....

1 statute mile = 5280 feet

1 statute mile = 0.333 332 663 63 league (statute)

How about "1/3rd of a League"

1/3rd of a league over the sea! :D

Maybe the Nautilus would fit in too...

Back