I need a little transportation help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatD

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,
If you read my sob story on valentines you know my wife is in the hospital in Lubbock TX. Although the tests show her infection is gone she isn't getting better here PT staff shortage etc, so I plan to take her home to Montana to a rehab facility. I have quotes from ACC Medlink, MMT America, and Medical Transport Services for ground transport. These are long distance non-emergency medical transport companies. The quotes run from $7800 to $11,440. Not going to worry about that cost till later. Of course I could spend $20,000 to $30,000 if I wanted her airlifted. I am wondering if any of you have suggestions for land long distance medical transport companies. I would appreciate any help you could provide. Pat

Pat:

i haven't read your sob story, so i'm not sure what condition your wife is in. If she's stable and at least semi-functioning, you could consider regular air transport. If she can tolerate sitting for the entire time, airlines offer wheelchair service curb to curb. Sounds strange, but it's true. I once had a wheelchair bound resident of one of my nursing homes get transferred from CT to CA that way. Just a option, if she's stable.
otherwise look at AMR as well.

just found your post. If the real problem is the dementia, the plane rides can still be done. back in the day when i first started out I accompanied a rather demented lady to Florida. She got a pre-med, I was well equipt with other stuff if I needed it on the ride. The airline was pre-informed and was very helpful. We put a blanket on the seat for extra protection...if you know what I mean. We were first on, they let us get settled before loading anyone else. last off, wheelchair to the curb where a family member transported the person to their final destination. I had paperwork and a picture of the person picking her up, they were kind enough to lead with their driver's license. Got my signatures for the forms, and I just turned around, checked in for the return flight. Still makes for a funny story "my Florida trip that lasted a hour"

Back