I must be crazy...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Silverleaf

Reaction score
ok, maybe insanes a better word....

I just won this at Ebay, and though it wasn't meant to fly in the strictest standard of the word, it sure seems like a possibility.

It might take some work, but boy, seeing this thing go up with custom stacks and ET really makes me think it would be worth the time and trouble.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9&category=2567&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT&rd=1

I'm envisioning covering it with the micro-thin evergreen white plastic, very pliable and easy to cut and shape. Using Maxi-Cure CA - which is perfect for this medium might just give me the strength and not add too much weight.

I'm "almost" seeing a Cluster of D12s....

If all else fails, I'll still have a showroom quality model to be the center of my display case. 8)

Cheers,

vjp

Reaction score
Silverleaf -

Richard Pitzeruse started doing this same kit, he
hasn't updated his website in a long, long time
though -

https://rmpitzer.syr.edu/current/shuttle/index.html

He might be a good source for tips, ideas, etc. (if
to ask if he ever re-started the project).

...you might even be able to fit some of the newer,
micro-RC equipment inside one of these. I haven't
heard of anyone actually flying one, though - it may
not be aerodynamically 'right', since it was designed
as a display model.

Silverleaf

Reaction score
VJP,

Yeppers, I had a moment where my brain said.." Cool, I can follow in the footsteps of George and really make it realistic".

Then reality set in and I quickly realized I'm suffering from delusions of grandeur. 8(

Then it was, " Hmmm, I can still make the SRB's seperate - use a C motor in them, get Ray Dunakin's booster hardware, main ET has a D motor and voila."

Then I saw the link you posted (great stuff that ^5ss and thanks) and it made me even more aware of the detail this kit has.

Its all good no matter the end result. 8)

Cheers and thanks...

Latest posts