I mucked up on my Hydra...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiK

Site Admin
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
2,642
Reaction score
4
Heeeellp!

I've fouled up on my Hydra 7. Ive practically finished it (4 more little fins to go) and I found out that none of the outer thrust rings were glued properly! They are now stuck in the motor tubes, and after trying several different methods of hooking them out, I decided to just pour thin CA down the inside of each tube, and now they are all stuck so that a motor goes about 2" into the tube, and you cant get it out easily.

What shall I do? I was thinking cutting expended motor casings, to the right lenghts for a 18mm motor to be sticking out the end enough, and glueing them to the Thrust Rings.

Thanks,
Phil
 
Have you considered using Quest 18mm engines--they are a little thinner and may fit despite the CA. They will fit if Estes motors barely fit. Thrust rings aren't always needed--I usually friction fit my motors with masking tape instead, though it takes a bit of practice before you get good at it.
 
I also mucked up on my last hydra model in the same area as you. Putting those little things in and glueing them in without moving is a PAIN! . So I used the masking-tape method like someone has mentiond. Rap about 2 layers of the tape around the bottom of the motor . Just under where it says C6-5 ect.
Karl
 
Back
Top