I made Extreme Rocketry Magazine LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemanup

Reaction score
Well the destruction of my original BSD THOR made it as the centerfold picture of Extreme Rocketry Magazine this month, finally saw it today at the local Hobby Town.

I haven't decided yet if this is good or bad.. LOL :kill:

Oh well it was a pretty spectacular "flight" if you can call it that...

Jason...
There's just as much interest (if not more) in a pic of a rocket coming apart as there is in one going straight up. ;)
Congrats on being a "centerfold". :D

Yea, It's like watching Nascar and waiting for the wreck!

How is ER these days? I used to subscribe, but let it lapse when I joined NAR. Now my NAR membership elapsed when they went from $47.00 to $62.00. I like Sport Rocketry. I wish they would sell subscriptions.

Still very glossy, not as colourful, some of the content is OK, but most is filler. Costs me an arm and a leg because they fell out with the UK distributor.

For me, Sport Rocketry contains much more interesting reading.

Just to complete the set, I haven't seen an issue of HPR for years.

I held onto my collection of HPR. I have some of the old issues when it was called the Tripolitan. At one time it was a very good magazine.

Originally posted by firemanup
I haven't decided yet if this is good or bad.. LOL :kill:

Congratulations on the CF!!!!!!

bummer about the rocket, but they do that sometimes...
that's why i tell my wife i have soooo many!

nice pic, anyway!
mostly when they blow up, all you have is a memory...
you got a Centerfold!
:D

Were still waiting for a copy of the picture to be posted.... :D :D ;) ;) :p

Bummer about the rocket, whatever happened to it... :(

too bad someone didn't know how to use a jpg image with lower sampling so we can actually SEE it...

attachment.php

Hey, congratulations (I think)! This must be your 15 minutes of fame. And thanks for reminding me the new ER issue is out -- I usually buy mine from the local hobby shop.

It is a cool photograph...:cool:

Originally posted by Elapid
too bad someone didn't know how to use a jpg image with lower sampling so we can actually SEE it...

attachment.php

:eek: Sorry Guys that would be me:(

Anyway, Congratulations again Jason.

Larry

Originally posted by Darian Rachal
How is ER these days?
The last issue I picked up (May/June) was a pleasant surprise. Much more original content and better editing than usual. I didn't much care for the Aft Closure column though...but Brent McNeely was intrested in what I had to say in response, so it looks like I'll be in the next issue's Aft Closure.

Well, it may not be something we want to get into in this forum. There's the old saying about not discussing politics or religion.

I had a beef with the Aft Closure about the emerging space race with China. That in itself wasn't my problem, but the writer went off on a tangent about religion being responsible for the decline in American education. That, in my opinion, is hogwash not supportable by any facts. It is also needlessly divisive - does he assume that everyone in our hobby is athiest or agnostic? Or for that matter, those of us who are religious prefer to keep people stupid? That panders to a stereotype that I find offensive.

Read all about it in the August issue of ER (I hope)...

Originally posted by firemanup
Tried to edit the pic to a better one didn't seem to take i'll try again.. here...

hey, no offense meant, larry!
i just have an aversion to bitmaps
;)

I just want to say that the picture looks awesome! I just picked up my copy today and immediatley turned to the centerfold.

Saw that. Can't say I'm too happy with the mag though, as I paid 7 bucks for mostly a launch report and Brent McNeely interview...
:(

Blue

Originally posted by karatekicker271
I just want to say that the picture looks awesome! I just picked up my copy today and immediatley turned to the centerfold.

You shoulda been there to see it in person! A fresh pair of shorts were required afterward! :) We like to tease Jason about it once in a while, but as always, he's a good sport about it.

Seriously though, congrats on making the magazine Jason. I also see there's an incognito picture of you and I on the "launches" page of this month's ER as well. Can't see our faces though.

The video of it was KEWL!
**Disclaimer Follows**
As long as no one got hurt.

Greg

Jason -

I have that centerfold on the filing cabinet at the office - the first one I felt need to be removed and displayed !

Sorry about the rocket, but it is a good pic !

Back