I Made A Tool Today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banzai88

Lvl 2, Wallet..even more destroyed
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
After a blade holder on my drill press based fly cutter came off, flew across the garage, and hit me in the nuts, I threw it in the trash and haven't made a rocket circle part in years.

Today, that changed. I made this out of scrap wood. Took about an hour start to finish. WORKS GREAT. Wish that I had made one years ago.
2.jpg1.jpg

I've got one like it I use with table saw blade to cut foamcore and thin plywood bulkheads. make small turns and cut, repeat to make some nice bulkheads.

After a blade holder on my drill press based fly cutter came off, flew across the garage, and hit me in the nuts, I threw it in the trash and haven't made a rocket circle part in years.

Today, that changed. I made this out of scrap wood. Took about an hour start to finish. WORKS GREAT. Wish that I had made one years ago.

I like it! Question: is there a screw or something that holds the slider in place? Or is the friction between slider and base sufficient to keep it from moving during use?

Best -- Terry

I like it! Question: is there a screw or something that holds the slider in place? Or is the friction between slider and base sufficient to keep it from moving during use?

Best -- Terry

I just press slightly on the slider and it stays in place. Worked well enough so far to make 6 circles from 1/2 inch ply to support a 4 inch tube for the fiberglassing rotisserie that I'm cobbling together.

I do have an idea to modify it so that as it wears in and loosens up I can turn a thumb screw and tighten it down.

Last edited:

View attachment 434419View attachment 434420
Very cool. I did the same thing for my band saw not long ago.20200920_103620.jpg20200920_103719.jpg20200920_104434.jpg

View attachment 434419View attachment 434420

Being an non-speaker of CAD/3D-CNC, this is the way I need to go and make me a jig like this!

Back