Quantcast

I Made A Tool Today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Banzai88

Lvl 1,Wallet....Destroyed
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
After a blade holder on my drill press based fly cutter came off, flew across the garage, and hit me in the nuts, I threw it in the trash and haven't made a rocket circle part in years.

Today, that changed. I made this out of scrap wood. Took about an hour start to finish. WORKS GREAT. Wish that I had made one years ago.
2.jpg
1.jpg

ep29030

Mark N.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one like it I use with table saw blade to cut foamcore and thin plywood bulkheads. make small turns and cut, repeat to make some nice bulkheads.

prfesser

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
After a blade holder on my drill press based fly cutter came off, flew across the garage, and hit me in the nuts, I threw it in the trash and haven't made a rocket circle part in years.

Today, that changed. I made this out of scrap wood. Took about an hour start to finish. WORKS GREAT. Wish that I had made one years ago.
I like it! Question: is there a screw or something that holds the slider in place? Or is the friction between slider and base sufficient to keep it from moving during use?

Best -- Terry

Banzai88

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I like it! Question: is there a screw or something that holds the slider in place? Or is the friction between slider and base sufficient to keep it from moving during use?

Best -- Terry
I just press slightly on the slider and it stays in place. Worked well enough so far to make 6 circles from 1/2 inch ply to support a 4 inch tube for the fiberglassing rotisserie that I'm cobbling together.

I do have an idea to modify it so that as it wears in and loosens up I can turn a thumb screw and tighten it down.

Last edited:

Banzai88

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, simple and effective design.

I bet you nuts wish you'd thought of it several years ago.
I did think of it years ago....only just now got off my butt and made it. :)

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 434419View attachment 434420
Very cool. I did the same thing for my band saw not long ago.
20200920_103620.jpg
20200920_103719.jpg
20200920_104434.jpg

BrendanH69

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 434419View attachment 434420
Being an non-speaker of CAD/3D-CNC, this is the way I need to go and make me a jig like this!