I love the smell of B.P.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Fisher

Reaction score
My wife thinks i'm sick but I love smelling the tail end of my rockets!

Mmmm... Let me go smell assorted rockets... Love that smell. Problem is on 4th of july i get a sore throat :D

I do it too! Low power and high power....but be careful AP Exhaust has HCl in it!!

Meeee Toooo.

I brought a rocket to work today. Two of the guys there stuck their noses in them. It was an involuntary response, Kinda like dogs sniffing other dogs Butts.:D

Originally posted by Chr$
Meeee Toooo.

I brought a rocket to work today. Two of the guys there stuck their noses in them. It was an involuntary response, Kinda like dogs sniffing other dogs Butts.:D
LOLOLOLOL:D

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
My wife thinks i'm sick but I love smelling the tail end of my rockets!

I like the smell of AP too. I used to keep a line of spent motors and nozzles on my desk at work, so I could get a fix on those "bad" days.

Me too! I also love the smell I get from the AP reloads while I'm emptying and cleaning the cases. Gotta love it!

Check out this thread from a while back. Quite an interesting debate!

Oh, BTW - I LOVE THE SMELL OF BP!!!!! :D :D :D

Jason

I want one of them shirts, especially the AP one... hmm... my birthday is coming up... (hint hint hint) ;):D:kill:

Count me in... I flew alot of rockets in my teenage years...The smell of BP is one of the more pleasant smells...reminding me of a much simpler yet exciting time...I guess.

Me too! I love the smell of black powder...well... any time of day! I was a "closet-sniffer" though... make sure no one is looking, then huff on the nose-end of the rocket. In the <i>Handbook</i> G. Harry talks about baby-powdering your chutes to help them open on deployment, and to counter "that rotten-egg stink" that builds up in your birds.

Rotten egg stink??!!! What's he talking about?

Back