I Love Lucy!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And she did unheard of things, including being a woman in charge and shooting TV shows like Star Trek on 35 mm film. Which is why it still looks good today.

She was a savvy business woman, a talented actress and comedienne, and highly admirable in many ways. If only I liked her signature shows...

One story is that the last shot of the 2nd pilot, "Where No Man Has Gone Before" was a tracked camera dolly shot. The shot was delayed because sand got on the tracks. The director called for someone to brush the sand off.
After the shot the crew found out it was Lucy cleaning the tracks. She stood up and said "What do I have to do to get the wrap party started?"

Truly an amazing person. I Love Lucy almost never happened. CBS had agreed to pick up the show, but Desi and Lucy could not get a production company to film the show. That's when DesiLu was started. If they won't play ball, start your own company. DesiLu also produced one of my personal favorites, The Untouchables. This was the first TV program to use 'cause and effect' special effects. This is things like a bullet hole appears after a gun is fired etc. It's just the accepted norm now.

Jim

My sister and I fought over after-school TV... I Love Lucy vs. Star Trek LMAo_O_O Both shows are of course good, but Trek Rules!

Cheers / Robert

Lucille Ball's last movie is a must watch . . . In it, she plays the part of a homeless woman in NYC . . . What an incredible acting performance !

There are 5 ways, currently, to obtain this movie, made in 1985.

(1) There is a poor copy on YouTube, but watchable.
(2) There are torrents online ( a better copy ).
(3) Buy a DVD on eBay.
(4) Hope that it, eventually, comes back on TV.
(5) Hulu, Netflix, or similar might have it available (I don't know ).

Oh, yes, before I forget, the name of the movie is "STONE PILLOW" . . . Enjoy !

Dave F.

Lucille Ball's last movie is a must watch . . . In it, she plays the part of a homeless woman in NYC . . . What an incredible acting performance !

(3) Buy a DVD on eBay.

Dave F.
Not available on Netflix or Hulu. Available on Amazon Prime for rent at $4 or buy at $9

(3) Buy a DVD on eBay.

Dave F.
Couldn't find it on my favorite torrent site. Will probably rent on Prime.

On the day that Voyager premiered, Lucy would have been 83 if she'd still been alive. Would have made for a poor show if the first episode included exhuming the captain.

Yes, but how many of you know where when/where she got her first role on the big screen with actual lines? She did appears as one of the Goldwyn Girls in "Roman Scandals" but as I said that was her first appearance on the big screen, but she was just in the dancing chorus along with a bunch of other Goldwyn Girls in 1933.

Her first big screen appearance was a two-reel comedy with the Three Stooges in 1934! YES! She got her real comedic start with those nutty geniuses Moe Howard, Larry Fine, and Curly Howard.

She was a 23 year old blond bombshell with real dramatic and comedic skills that RKO gave her first real chance with the Stooges in "Three Little Pigskins." I have no idea what her real hair color was back then, but it was back in the grey-scale days so who knows. At any rate, in her long career she was a comedic giant among Lilliputians. But she she most definitely got a great start with the Stooges.

Brad

Back