I love HL

Lowpuller

Reaction score
George,

My guess like yours is that these are permanent phase outs. I think Pro Series will be done once the current stock is sold. I personally will miss the motors mounts most of all and I hope they remain in production.

But you gotta agree those are some crazy good deals!

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

BEC

Reaction score
Gee....I was in my local HL yesterday and E16s were their regular price, though I don't recall that I saw -8s. I need to look at the clearance section more closely. There were three Super Neons and an Indicator there when I looked but no motors.

shreadvector

Reaction score
HL got rid of the long delay (-8) and booster (-0) 29mm motors and the booster stages since they were either not selling or being used incorrectly by customers (which would lead to returns/complaints or simply no follow-on sales). They will continue to sell 24mm E9 motors and 29mm E16 and F15 motors with delay times that actually sell consistently. Ditto for the kits that use those motors.

BTW: The E9 motor 3 packs went from 19.99 to 23.99. Still not horrible with 40% off, but not as good a deal. I've bought a lot of the E9-6 and E9-4 packs from HL over the last year and had ZERO failures. I wish they sold the E12 motors....

BEC

Reaction score
Went back to HL yesterday - no clearance motors....which just means someone beat me to them. As Fred noted, the F15-0 and E16-8 are gone - no hooks any more. They closed out the PSII booster, so no reason to carry 29mm boosters anymore. They only now carry two 29mm models - the Star Orbiter and the Majestic. The former would be OK on E16-8s but it's also OK on E16-6. E16-8 would be too long a delay for the Majestic. So they have no reason to carry that motor any more either. I think I saw F15-8s. They are a perfect motor for the Star Orbiter.

I agree with Fred also in that I wish HL carried E12s.

Oldschool77

Reaction score
I didn't wait for the HL motors to go an additional 40%(40% of 40%) off. I should have though, I bought several Pro Series composites at the double markdown a few years ago. Am waiting for payday to see if the kits at my HL are re-marked lower.
Several years ago I e-mailed HL about selling E12's instead of E9's, using simple reason's why to do so. I did get a "Real" person response.

sl98

Reaction score
Visited 3 HL's today.

HL#1 - ProSeries II booster 65% off at $3.59. A couple of level 1 kits marked at 40% off. No motors on clearance.

HL#2 - ProSeries II booster 40% off at $5.99. A couple of level 1 kits marked at 40% off. F15-8's in regular aisle and marked at regular price.

HL#3 - A couple of level 1 kits marked at 40% off. 1 E16-8 marked at 40% off at 14.99. F15-8's in regular aisle and marked at regular price.