I like trains and rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
I like trains and rockets.

Attachments

• 20180708_185840.jpg
    20180708_185840.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 137
  • 20180708_185859.jpg
    20180708_185859.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 134
I have the Noch 84810 layout with tracks and bridges. Nothing else has yet to be added. Two transformers as well. Little thing sits under our bed when not in use.
product.asp

I was the annoying little brother who liked to play with my oldest brother's trains. He collected O & O27 stuff mostly.
When he passed I got one of his N sets, and started collecting some HO in Seaboard Coast Line. It's all in a box in the garage, haven't gotten the track run around the office yet.

I recently picked up some Z scale stuff. 1:220 scale. The detail is amazing. Photos, even when there's something for size reference, don't give you the real feel for how small it really is. Trying to put those tiny cars on the track with my sausage fingers does, though!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 65
Wasn't the first train named "Rocket"?
Here; it looks more steampunk than some steampunk does.
IronbridgeMuseums Published on May 12, 2017
The world’s first steam locomotive, which led to a worldwide revolution in the transport industry, was built right here in Coalbrookdale under Richard Trevithick's design in 1802. Although the fate of the original locomotive is unknown, there is only one WORKING replica in the entire world… and it resides here at Blists Hill Victorian Town!

I'm trying to find Z scale armor and depict a 1930's 1940's German town and can't for the life find anything. The Noch layout I have would be perfect for this but alas, no petrol.

I like trains and rockets
I really, really hate bugs
That brings to mind a model train club visit decades ago where they had an occasional issue with ants and at least one locomotive had fighter ace style ant kills painted under cab windows for where it had squashed ants on the rails.

My first train was a rocket train also. Called the Cape Canaveral Express around 1959-60 .
Had a pair of Nike rockets, spring loaded that could "fly" across the room!

I have a bit of a soft spot for trains. Had some N-gauge as a kid. My first job after getting my degree was to do the software that runs the trains in Melbourne. Biggest train set I have ever had to play with!

Three separate systems, each with hot standby, for different geographic regions. Also a simulator, timetable build machine, one for pulling all the data together for reports and running the PIDs (passenger info displays), one development machine and a spare. It was what was basically a systems analyst job.

I have a bit of a soft spot for trains. Had some N-gauge as a kid. My first job after getting my degree was to do the software that runs the trains in Melbourne. Biggest train set I have ever had to play with!

Three separate systems, each with hot standby, for different geographic regions. Also a simulator, timetable build machine, one for pulling all the data together for reports and running the PIDs (passenger info displays), one development machine and a spare. It was what was basically a systems analyst job.

Puts toy train set away.

Interesting thread, I worked for Lionel trains and also owned a hobby store. I sold mostly trains but also rockets and telescopes.

While I still like trains, but a little burnt out, needless to say. But fun stuff :)

I love model railroading. There are layout that are works of art. I've built several On30 an On20 cars and have several small locomotives as well. Someday I plan to build a modular railroad that I can take with me.

Somebody actually makes a model of that in N scale: https://www.micro-trains.com/index....s-sw1500-rd-3-rel-9-17-98600080&tag=newsw1500

I like trains and rockets, too. I recently (as in last December) opened up my old N scale stuff (first time since 1988-ish), since the kids are getting older (both in high school), and I wanted to make sure I exposed them to trains, as well. I have ideas for making a few T-TRAK-compatible modules (see www.t-trak.org) that I can store easily and take out every once in a while, or put on a shelf if we ever have the space for it.

My fantasy project is a module with a 1:160 Saturn V on it in an outdoor horizontal display (as they used to be displayed before being put in buildings), and then I could take a rocket to a train show... Or I could add other vehicles for a rocket garden. Probably won't ever happen, but it sounds fun.

Latest posts

Back