I know you guys like pics...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ok, i know you guys like pics, but do you like videos?? This is a digital video of my first ever launch. An Estes Tidal Wave, flying on a C6-5. This doesn't have sound on it because it was taken with a Digital Camera intended for photos, it limits me to 15 seconds of soundless video. I would buy a proper DV Camera, but i seem to keep spending my money on rockets. When i looked at this frame-by-frame, it seemed there was a fireball sorta thing coming out of the engine just before it left the blast sheild. Was that just a dodgy motor or was it the way it sat on the pad? It is a 3.97mb download, and should take 3 mins on broadband, about 10/15 mins on dialup

Cheers,

-Phil

We are truly fascinated by moving pictures. But I'm getting a file not available or something to that effect when I click on the link.

It works if I type the link in directly. hmmm .... let me look at something.

Stupid tripod web services, i realised the second i posted it that it wouldn't work because tripod don't like people using their servers for storage, if it isnt going to be put on a website on their servers. I have just spent the last half hour tinkering around with the very little HTML code i know making a site that has a link to it so tripod don't get cross. if you click the link in my origional post it will take you to the most basic of pages which has a single link saying "Click here to download video" lol

Cyaz,

-Phil

Well, I just plain ole clicked on it and went to your page...clciked on the link and watched the movie. Milo...Keyboard to chair problem, eh??? :D

Cool video...I like the fade in to the next sceen...and it was a good launch to boot!!!

Welcome to the forum and keep those movies and pics coming!!!

Carl

Dang Carl... you're not paying attention again. If you will notice he fixed the problem before you went out there. geeezzz... :)

Time to lay off sniffing the epoxy for a while. :D

BTW, very nice launch... recovery looked successful too.

I had no prob downloading from the first link posted. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Good movie WiK. By the shadows, it looked like an evening launch, right? Thats my fave time to launch - everybodies gone home for tea, so you don't end up with loads of people walking their dogs everywhere. You can't blame the poor things for needing to chase a descending rocket, I've often had to race an over keen labrador to my bird's landing spot! :)

If you've got a digi-camera theres no excuse for not keeping the piccies coming ;)

Dan,

Think yourself lucky you only have dogs chasing your rockets, i have to put up with a little sister and her friends running towards a rocket falling to the ground from 800ft without a parachute.

Your not paying attention either, i had editied the first post and said so, but never mind. The launch actually took place about 8:30 in the morning, in the middle of october! The sun was low as it always is in autumn or Fall for all the Americans.

I've got TWO little sisters, and both of them had very anoying fireinds - used to get right on my wick! I wasn't into rockets then (model rocketry was ilegal over here in those days), but they still managed to do my head in!

We're all grown-up, and one of those sisters has kids of her own, now. I'm trying to get my 4 year old nephew into rocketry, but he just panics and gets worried that the rocket is on fire, whenever I do a launch for him. Give it time - he'll come round. I'm trying the subtle approach - giving him Thunderbird 1 & 3 toys, building rockets out of lego with him etc.

Back