New threads and interesting conversations directly in your inbox. Sign up now and get a daily summary of the latest forum activities!
Discussion in 'LDRS General Discussions' started by Bat-mite, Mar 29, 2017.
Bummer about the weather everyone. Hope it clears up for some great flying during the event.
As usual, Sunday looks like it will be absolutely perfect, and, of course, is the day I can't be there. Saturday looks nice, but windy, but I know everyone will be fighting for pads on Saturday. Friday morning could be good -- wind doesn't pick up till after lunch. Thursday, however, looks like a bust.
Good question about the field. I have to drive 75 minutes each way, so it will stink if I have to turn around and go home.
I'm hoping to get there for a day this weekend.....so far it looks like Saturday. As others have said, Saturday's weather looks good but a bit windy. The weather looks better on Sunday, but, it doesn't fit my schedule as well and I'm guessing that lots of folks will be packing up or already gone by Sunday.
Latest Wunderground shows significant drop-off of likelihood Thursday at 1:00 PM. Maybe the big storm will come early and be done after lunch. That's what I keep hoping.
I have inquired of the BoD as to whether or not we'll be allowed on the field if it is pouring. No response yet.
Yep, an extra 1-1/2 days for prep.
But surely we can go to the field. Heck, Wildman does some great business on rain days.
I'm making the drive down tomorrow for a few hours just to get my parking pass and see what motors I can buy before the wife joins me. Then, we'll be back for the other three days. I'm hoping the big projects planning to fly Thursday squeeze in on the other days.
Will still be there Friday but in no rush. While I've been planning my 11k flight for 8 months it seems, I believe that dream has faded. I cannot be there Sunday. All my monte Carlo sims show recovery within the boundaries, but who knows what the winds will be up high on Saturday and getting in flights is going to be busy. I want to be an optimist, but starting to feel a tad bit disheartened.
I just extended my stay one night. Well plan the high launch early Sunday and then bug out to get my daughter ready four her trip to the grand canyon the next morning. Internet church Sat. Night
ON MY WAY TO THE FIELD!!!!
I don't have a smart phone, so I won't be checking in. You'll know where to find me.
Right behind me
Pouring rain down here, see you tomorrow.
Forecast for tomorrow: mud.
Good thing I packed the waterproof boots. En route now. ETA around 1500-1600.
On on my way. Be there round 1500
Drivable in the parking areas? Stuck with a minivan.
See you there Saturday.
I've been seeing some pretty heavy wind predictions through the weekend, so I'm reorganizing what I'm bringing.
But you never know. We could get some windows.
Last time I went to a Red Glare launch, I spent the first day under a tent in the pouring rain. But we got a nice opening in the afternoon and I was able to launch a project I have worked over a year on.
It was great.
Like the positive outlook! I'll try to keep the same!!! BTW. Still have that Jar I promised you back when the rocket got stuck. It's sitting on top of the Rocket case so I won't forget to bring it to you this weekend.
Stayed at hotel BSing, BBQ lunch with big group
Out room window it is looking clear to South.
Yes, we got hit by two major deluges today! And it was misty or spitting rain the rest of the time. HOWEVER: two rockets got launched!!!! Just to say we did. Something on a B6 and something on an A8.
And, to keep tradition going, Bill Clune got stuck. I don't think anyone else did.
I left just before 3:00. As I drove home, the skies got bluer and bluer, and I almost turned back. But blue in Kent Narrows doesn't mean blue in Price, so I kept going.
I'll have a few pics later tonight.
The bridge across the bay is almost at a dead standstill according to Google Maps. We're about to get on the bridge and we still have almost 2.5 hours left.
30 miles outside of Baltimore and I see my first sliver of blue sky in 10 hours of driving. And a rainbow
We're in Skidmore right before the bridge and it's total blue sky.
Friday weather on weather.com and wunderground.com predicts winds over 20 mph the entire day from 8 AM to 8 PM.
No way was I sitting in gridlock on that bridge so found an Irish pub, O'Laughlins for dinner at the bar and a spirited discussion with Pat and Dan, both with strong Baltimore accents, about rockets, the Denver Broncos, the Masters and lacrosse.
At MWP we are good at playing the gusts .
I'm finishing building and prepping my L3 in the hotel room.
Eastbound back-up was due to an overturned tractor-trailer on the Kent Narrows Bridge.
We spent the rainy day at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.
Hoping for better days ahead.
Did get an Aerotech M1075 Dark Matter off today at about 4: 15. I had prepped the night before so when there was a break in weather it went up. Started raining again about an hour later. Cool, loud, flight. I think it was one of three HPR flights today.
Separate names with a comma.