Quantcast

i just bought a

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

karatekicker271

Reaction score
hey i jus baught a deuces wild and i was wonderin if anyone who has built this kit before has any advice or tips 4 making it?? thanks in advance!!:)

~connor

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Originally posted by karatekicker271
hey i jus baught a deuces wild

A what?? Never heard of it....... probably no one else here has either. :p

I built one, I don't remember any major issues, just follow the instruction sheet and you should be fine.

karatekicker271

Reaction score
if im not mistaken it is the rocket that is being used for the TOUR DE DEUCE

rkt2k1

Reaction score
karate,

Don was kidding, ala the smile face after the first line. Yes, the Deuce's Wild from Fliskits is a favorite among the members here! Just do a search for it from the top menu and you'll find tons on helpful information in past post! I hope you enjoy building and flying it! It's a great innovative kit!

Fore Check

Reaction score
The FlisKits Deuce is an extremely challenging kit to build.

If I were you, I'd send it to me so that I can build it for you.

;) :D :cool:

karatekicker271

Reaction score
sorry im on summer vacation... i aint usin my head lol! i should realized that with the i have built one after it... sorry:eek:

lalligood

Reaction score
Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
A what?? Never heard of it....... probably no one else here has either. :p

I built one, I don't remember any major issues, just follow the instruction sheet and you should be fine.
All kidding aside, the list of folks who have NOT built a Deuce here on TRF would probably be much, much shorter than those who have... I mean, who hasn't built one (or is building one right now)?!? :D

I'm sure you can find quite a few threads of folks who have done some creative mods and/or paint jobs with a Deuce. My advice: be creative. The DW! is a "canvas" that you can do some amazing things with!

jflis

Reaction score
karatekicker271, welcome to the "Deuce-A-Holic" family :)

TO answer your question, the biggest thing I can recommend is that you take your time, use sharp tools and read the instructions. The Deuce's Wild! has been a *first* kit for some, a *first* cluster for many, so it isn't all that hard to construct.

Other than the motor mount and cutting the engine tube scallops on the body, it's a pretty conventional model rocket kit. Also, with the laser cut rings, even the motor mount goes together pretty easily (on par with a convention engine mount for the most part, just looks different :) )

You can find 4 reviews and dozens of comments about the Deuce's Wild! on EMRR by clicking this link.

hope this helps!
jim

Elapid

Reaction score
anyone with more than a passing interest in the forum has!
i'm on the short list though.

i suspect i'll own one within the next month or two though
:D

keep us posted on the build!

cmmeyers

Reaction score
After purchasing a FlisKits Praetor (my first FlisKits experience), I have a sneaking suspicion that a Duece's Wild is in my near future.

This is in no small part to the constant [positive] chatter about this kit that is unavoidable on these boards! You can't escape it, and I'm afraid that I'm going to give into this mob mentality!

Karl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I too am going to surrender to the awesome Duece in the next week or two! Looks like a sweet kit to build and like others have said , theres LOTS of things to do to make it look pretty :)
-Karl