I **** in your general direction!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
silly english kniiiigggits!!!!

this scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail (yeah, i know that's not the exact title) may have been inspired by true, and rocketry-related, events!

it seems the English went to attack France with some rockets launched from boats. unfortunately, the sea was too rough and all the shots went horribly off aim, landing harmlessly on the shore. the French picked up the spent rocket casings and while waving them wildly overhead, shouted tauntingly at the Brits.

of course, the Brits came back a few weeks later with calmer seas and made up for the insult.

**Story adapted from Sleeter's book

Well, if the silly English knights part of the story is true, what about the castle anthrax?

everyone!

if you find it, let me know!
I'm SO there!

Well, I don't know about y'all's launches, but I know that at the desert launches I attend, "Run away! Run Away!" Is a semi-common cry when someone walks out to the HPR pads, or when certain rocketeers take ANYthing out to ANY of the pads!

WW

"COME BACK HERE AND TAKE WHATS COMMIN TO YA, YOU YELLOW BELLIED ****! ILL BITE YER LEGS OFF!!!"

Monty python has got to be one of my fauvorite movies of all time... Both "holy grail" and "life of brian" are extremely funny if you ask me... :D

"HELP, HELP, IM BEIN REPRESSED!!!!"

'We are the knights who say ni!'

'We want a shrubbery!!'

'What are you gonna do ? Bleed on me?!'

Begining :

'None shall pass!!'

End :

'Come back you yellow bellied *******!Ill bite ye ****** legs off!'

My favorite quotes! Ohh and we carnt forget the 'holy handgrenade' or the 'ickle bunny wabbit'! :p

Tonight, we present a profile of Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm

Stop this nonsense! Its too silly!

Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot
He was not afraid to die, O brave Sir Robin
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin
He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp
Or to have his eyes gouged out and his elbows broken
To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away
And all his limbs hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin
His head smashed in and his heart cut out
And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged
And his nostrils raped and his bottom burnt off and his pe...

Okay, that...ummm..that's enough music for today, okay boys?

TRF Launch Procedure Documentation

A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

the whole movie... brilliant. Toatal genius. :D

"and suddenly the animator suffered a fatal heart attack (GACK!!!), and the cartoon perril was no more."

Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper, I am not afraid!

WHAT... is your name?

Sir launcelot of Camelot

WHAT... is your quest?

To seek the holy grail!

WHAT... is your fauvorite COLOR!?

Blue.

All right, you can pass.

(next knight says...)

That was EASY!!! (rushes up to brigdekeeper)

Ask me the questions, bridgkeeper, I am not afraid.

WHAT... is your name?

Galahad of camelot

WHAT... is your fauvorite color?

Yellow.

WHAT... is the capital of assyria?

What!? I dont know that! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

(next knight comes up, looking slightly frightened)

WHAT... Is your name?

Robin of camelot

WHAT... Is your fauvorite color?

Blue. No, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

(bridgkeeper chuckles)

(Arthur walks up)

WHAT... is your name?

Arthur, King of the Britains.

WHAT... Is your quest?

I seek the grail.

WHAT... Is the average airspeed velocity of an unlaided swallow?

What, a europian or african swollow?

I dont know that! AAAAAAAAA!!!!! (bridgkeeper is thrown over the edge)

How do you know so much about swallows!?

You have to know these things when your king, you know!

LOL! I wanna watch the whole movie again now... :D This is so much fun...

Originally posted by stymye
.....it grips it by the husk

It's not a question of where it grips it, it's a simple matter of weight ratios...

A 5 ounce bird can NOT carry a 1 pound coconut!

It could be carried by an AFRICAN swallow!

Well, yes, an african swallow maybe, but a european swallow....

:D

Originally posted by Neil
A 5 ounce bird can NOT carry a 1 pound coconut!

It could be carried by an AFRICAN swallow!

Well, yes, an african swallow maybe, but a european swallow....

What if two of them carried it together?

is it time to change the name of this website to "The Association-of-Truly-Demented-People Forum" or something like that? (insert your best guess here)

It is said, that to be a tue engineer, you must recite any Monty Python. Extra credits for 'The Holy Grail"..

And I beleive the proper title for this thread is " An now for something completley different"

"I plan an expedition to put a bridge between the two peaks of Killamangero"

"It's not safe to go out to the shops anymore" disgruntled biker durign the 'hells grannies' outbreak

And those viscious 'stay left' signs!

We are now no longer the knights who say "ni"

we are now the knights who say........ecky,ecky,ecky,ecky..pikang,zoop,boing..goodem,zoo,owli.zhiv....:)

Originally posted by Dr Wogz
to be a tue engineer, you must recite any Monty Python

Now, seriously, why do you suppose that is the case (and it is) that engineers gravitate toward M.P.? There just aren't many other folks I know who 'get it' other than the guys here at work

I can tell you about 85% of the folks at my office know at least some MP... so the military needs to be added to that "Engineers" category also.

WW

What, carried underneath the dorsral guiding feathers!?

Im watching Mony Python right now... What fun!

Bring out your dead.... *CLANK* Bring out your deeeeaaad... *CLANK*

Originally posted by Elapid
silly english kniiiigggits!!!!

the French picked up the spent rocket casings and while waving them wildly overhead, shouted tauntingly at the Brits....

... and then they learned first hand what a delay bonus is... and how HOT Estes ejection charges are.... ;)

"What else floats in water?"
" ...very small rocks?"
Now, let's not argue about who killed who..."
"...who, when he was just about to recover, felt the icy hand of death upon him..."

There are two kinds of people in the world-- those who get MP, and those who don't. I still remember the BBC episode where the Aliens were changing all the tennis players into Scotsmen to win Wimbledon , I believe.
And something about the giant pig saying "Dinsdale"...
And who could forget the dead parrot skit?:p

"This... is an EX-Parrot."

Oh, wait... can I discuss EX things here?

WW

Back