I hope I don't regret doing this, but...

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what rockets other people would like to see me sim. This doesn't mean that I will (or can) sim everything that is requested, I just want to get a feel for what others might be interested in seeing.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what rockets other people would like to see me sim. This doesn't mean that I will (or can) sim everything that is requested, I just want to get a feel for what others might be interested in seeing.

Have a crack at something doable but interesting. Nike Hercules or perhaps this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-125_Neva/Pechora

You would get bonus points for making the transitions to scale, as the sustainer stage of either is almost a nose cone in and of itself.
It would be great to make the entire sustainer from paper transitions.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
I'd like to see Estes' new Shuttle kit modeled, obviously once we can get our hands on one. If not that, the full-stack Saturn V, complete with escape tower.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Want a challenge? Sim the Pye Wacket (no, not the cat). I'm going to try building one of these - maybe starting with 1/4 scale, then working up to 100%.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
Want a challenge? Sim the Pye Wacket (no, not the cat). I'm going to try building one of these - maybe starting with 1/4 scale, then working up to 100%.

Although a Pye Wacket the Cat Sim would be interesting too.
Pye Wacket the Cat is usually the first thing that comes up when I search for the missile, which is funny, as I never knew there was a Pye Wacket the Cat, but when I first learned about the missile, I said to myself, that sound like something some frumpy old Brit would name a Cat.

Tonimus

Reaction score

Huh. A lenticular missile... Now THAT would be a cool scale model.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
What about any 'saucer' or spool shaped rocket?

What about a saucer with 4 (or more) canted motors, so it spins (on the flight axis) as it ascends...

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Although a Pye Wacket the Cat Sim would be interesting too.
Pye Wacket the Cat is usually the first thing that comes up when I search for the missile, which is funny, as I never knew there was a Pye Wacket the Cat, but when I first learned about the missile, I said to myself, that sound like something some frumpy old Brit would name a Cat.

Kim Novak a "frumpy old Brit"? I DON'T THINK SO! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051406/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Bee

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I challenge you to sim a rocket with a Propulsive Landing System that will pass RSO inspection. You can review a kit wth propulsive breaking before chute deployment that is visco dependent here: https://store.heavenlyhobbies.com/01-024-0001.html. I want to see one that air starts propulsive breaking with an altimeter. Bonus if you can get it to land upright. I look forward to your overall design, ideal altitude for air start and motor selection. Good luck!

Last edited:

hobie1dog

Subaholic
Reaction score
I've been trying for years to get someone to do this for me with my favorite rocket. If you have to, you can reduce the size of the forward fins 30%, I think Nytrunner did this part for me years ago.
orYCqlQ.jpg

Last edited:

hobie1dog

Subaholic
Reaction score
I've been trying for years to get someone to do this for me with my favorite rocket. If you have to, you can reduce the size of the forward fins 30%, I think Nytrunner did this part for me years ago.
orYCqlQ.jpg

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
orYCqlQ.jpg
And you hit me with that 4 years after the initial offer... and right during my busiest time of the year (make up classes, free make up classes due to online classes, help sessions, regular summer classes, AND regular classes, PLUS trying to get my visa updated)... It's going to be more than a week before I can even think of doing any sims.

Right now I'm waking up in the morning, eating, going to work at times/daysI normally would have off, teaching, gathering food, coming home, eating food, going to bed, waking up in the middle of the night playing on the computer for a little while, going to sleep, rinse, repeat (and dealing with a climate likened to a sauna).

Thank God summer is nearly over.

Last edited: