I Have Returned!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome back! Are we getting a light show at Moffett with the LED rocket? :)

I'm putting together the LED rocket for a night launch at Dairy Aire in about a week. Some of the electronics have to ride on the outside, so I'd be afraid to fly it on the concrete! But I wouldn't mind bringing it to Moffett to show it off. This weekend might be really tight though. I've got a lot of things to finish up before next week, and I also have to study for the L2 test. Are you planning to attend Saturday's Moffett launch?

I just realized I haven't learned one thing about rocketry from this thread.

True. But we learned there are a lot more Vikings drinking out of tiny cups than we ever would have suspected.

Very entertaining, jocular re-entry post. If that's what it takes to get this great material, you should be banned more often!:lol: Kurt

I'll set an iCal reminder to post a forbidden topic rant on a quarterly basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool-hand-luke-martin.jpg

I just got one question....did you get your mind right? :)

Last edited:
My fellow rocketeers, I don’t know how many of you have spent time banished into exile, but let me tell you, it ain’t no picnic.

Oh, the stories I could tell......

Welcome back, Thirsty! As others have noted, you were missed. One of the things you bring to the 'collected assembly' is your imagination --- but, then, that's probably the thing that got you into 'trouble' in the first place. I wouldn't worry about that, however. I'll take 'imagination with a little revolution' over 'mindless peace and serenity' any day.

-- john.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -- Einstein.

"A little revolution now and then is a healthy thing, don't you think?" -- Marko Ramius - 'The Hunt for Red October'

Last edited:
Cool-hand-luke-martin.jpg

I just got one question....did you get your mind right? :)

It'll never be completely right.

Welcome home! Did you spend your empty week building or flying?

Building! I've got a big launch in a week, so I worked on two rockets for that. It may be a good thing I wasn't tempted to spend so much time talking about rockets and had time to build instead. I still have some work to do.

Oh, the stories I could tell......

Welcome back, Thirsty! As others have noted, you were missed. One of the things you bring to the 'collected assembly' is your imagination --- but, then, that's probably the thing that got you into 'trouble' in the first place. I wouldn't worry about that, however. I'll take 'imagination with a little revolution' over 'mindless peace and serenity' any day.

-- john.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -- Einstein.

"A little revolution every now then is healthy, don't you think?" -- Marco Raimius - 'The Hunt for Red October'

Thanks, John.

This wouldn't be the first time my imagination got me in trouble, but it also comes in handy sometimes and can be a lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been off a while. Didn't even know you were gone TB 😀. Whatever caused you to be banished?

Mike

Back