I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ascastil

Reaction score
I have joined the NAR and the Superstition Spacemodeling Society again after a 25 year hiatus. I was a member of SSS when they were in east mesa and actually had the pleasure of G Harry Stine inspecting my rockets in the early days of the club. I had read about him in magazines and to see him in real life as a rocket nerd I was speechless. Mr Stine in his overalls and I do believe his wife was there next to him. After my rocket landed I ran back to my grandma and told her G Harry Stine is over there! Rockets were my passion and I think Im done building cars now. Something happened when my family went out launching rockets last weekend, and it was fun.

My grandma bought me the Aerotech Initiator set when it first came out. She also spoiled me with the reloadable casings. Flights always flawless. Now I need to figure out what Im doing wrong now, how could I perfect it as a kid?

I am going to do some Estes rockets, QCC Explorer, Hi Flier XL, a 2 stage Estes that I dont know what the name is anymore but flys straight as an arrow, an Apogee 6 footer, and then the Aerotech rockets. Rebuilt Gforce and Initiator, and the never flown Aerotech Strong Arm. Single use D, A8s for the 2 stage, reload E24, F24, G64. Im going to fix this deployment problem one way or another lol.

Last edited:
Sounds like you've got some good projects ahead of you. I'm calling it now, I say you'll be L1 before the start of next summer!

I dont know, I never had any problems with Aerotech rockets back in the day, or my North Coast Patriot that I used fiberglass insulation for wadding lol. I cant get a parachute to eject to save my life.

Welcome back!

Please note that we no longer use fiberglass insulation for wadding, it's hard on the animals that ingest it. Shredded cellulose insulation (basically shredded newspaper dunked in boric acid) is cheap (a bale of the stuff is maybe $5 USD), and biodegradable.

Now, start posting pics! We love seeing what others are doing in the hobby!

Welcome back! I came back about three months ago myself, but still haven't launched a rocket in 25 years! Mostly because the state of Alabama is in a severe drought, and thus under a statewide burn ban! But it's been good for building and adding to my fleet :wink:. And I'll echo what K'Tesh said... Photos, man!

That is so cool! Welcome back! I am sure you will be learning more about rocketry than you ever could as a child on this forum.

TangoJuliet I know the feeling, I have not launched in over a year!!

Welcome back to the hobby. It's like the mafia. Just when you think you're out, we pulllllllllll you back in!

I'm sure you will get plenty of help with how to prep and pack your parachutes and recovery systems for more successful recoveries.

Back