I have a problem with loading engines in RocketSim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomasraketak

Reaction score
Hi. Today I downloaded a trial version of RocketSim. I wanted to first try to load an Open Rocket rocket into it and watch the flight simulation. But unfortunately I have a problem with not being able to put any engine in the rocket. When I click on the pipe where I want to put it and click on the load motor, the semi will show a few filters at the top, but there is not a single motor in the motor list. And when I click on prepare for launch, it shows me "no engines data was loaded from disc. Does anyone know what to do with it?

In your rocket design, with the airframe or inner tube highlighted, in the 'configuration' dialog box, under the 'motor' tab,have you clicked on one part of the design as 'motor mount'? This needs to be highlighted.

Maybe try downloading the engine file of your choice from Thrustcurve.org. Import the file into Rocksim then try the prepare for launch and see if the motor shows up.

Maybe try downloading the engine file of your choice from Thrustcurve.org. Import the file into Rocksim then try the prepare for launch and see if the motor shows up.
I tried it a few times but every time I click prepare for launch no engine data was loaded from disk and when I give manual selection and move all engines where they should be and click ok and click prepare for launch again it will pop up again no engine data was loaded from disk :(

Attachments

• Rocksim- C__Users_Tomáš Michal_Documents_TVC.rkt  (Activation_ Trial 26 days remaining ) 29.09...png
    Rocksim- C__Users_Tomáš Michal_Documents_TVC.rkt (Activation_ Trial 26 days remaining ) 29.09...png
    23 KB · Views: 7
  • Rocksim- C__Users_Tomáš Michal_Documents_TVC.rkt  (Activation_ Trial 26 days remaining ) 29.09...png
    Rocksim- C__Users_Tomáš Michal_Documents_TVC.rkt (Activation_ Trial 26 days remaining ) 29.09...png
    12 KB · Views: 8
In your rocket design, with the airframe or inner tube highlighted, in the 'configuration' dialog box, under the 'motor' tab,have you clicked on one part of the design as 'motor mount'? This needs to be highlighted.
Yes I did

My engine selection dialog box looks like this

Attachments

• PXL_20210930_003552127.jpg
    PXL_20210930_003552127.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 5
In Rocksim, you have to click "load motor". Then a list will pop up to choose from. But you first must have downloaded the motor files. Thrust curve is great to use. Just click on download, send file to rocksim, when it comes up in import file, just click "add" and it will move it over to the selected engine file side. Then you should see it on the list when you click "load engine".

Try going to "File/Import/Engine Files.
A dialog box will open that will allow you to go to the folders where you have your downloaded motor files ( I get mine from Thrustcurve). Mine are in my download folder. Select the one you want and the Engine File Import box will open. Click Ok. Now in the Rocksim engine selection box highlight the engine you want and click "add".

Attachments

• PXL_20210930_004718375.jpg
    PXL_20210930_004718375.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 5
Back