I guess they just read the news

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet driver

Reaction score
8:50 PM--CST--FOX NEWS!! 75 years ago-Japanese fighter jets bombed Pearl Harbor---I can't make this crap up. I had to replay it a couple times to make sure I heard it right:facepalm:

Is this remake of the 1941 classic or a Tv made mini-series?

I don't get it. Is the problem because they said "jets?"

Yeah I'm pretty sure that is the problem, since it would be a few months before the first jet would fly.

My grandpa was at Pearl Harbor. He was aboard the Oklahoma when the "jets" attacked. I'm pretty sure that would have made a heck of a story.

I don't get it. Is the problem because they said "jets?"

Yes, no country had operational jets in 1941. Maybe a few experimental prototypes, but nothing deployed for battle. At least they knew the attackers were Japanese.

Caution: Animal House clip with bad language
[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=animal+house+pearl+harbor+speech&view=detail&mid=780DDDF53023167D6D73780DDDF53023167D6D73&FORM=VIRE[/video]

Forget it...Fox News is on a roll!

[video=youtube;V8lT1o0sDwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI[/video]

Val and Kate brought the big hurt that morning. Their boyfriend Zeke didn't have to fly much top cover that day. Shame on you, Fox News. :bangpan:

Last edited:
So they used the word 'jets' instead of 'planes'... is THAT what this is all about? :facepalm:

Guys. Honestly.

Yes, Martha MacCallum said jets instead of planes. She either misread the teleprompter or someone messed up on writing the text. It's not the biggest mistake in the world. I found the news items to be very interesting. It's amazing there are still veterans around who were serving at Pearl Harbor at the time. They're all in their 90's now, and they're still able to get around. I liked the line from the admiral's speech that took a dig at Colin Kaepernick -- "You can bet that the men and women we honor today, and those who died that fateful morning 75 years ago, never took a knee and never failed to stand whenever they heard our national anthem being played."

Yes, Martha MacCallum said jets instead of planes. She either misread the teleprompter or someone messed up on writing the text. It's not the biggest mistake in the world. I found the news items to be very interesting. It's amazing there are still veterans around who were serving at Pearl Harbor at the time. They're all in their 90's now, and they're still able to get around. I liked the line from the admiral's speech that took a dig at Colin Kaepernick -- "You can bet that the men and women we honor today, and those who died that fateful morning 75 years ago, never took a knee and never failed to stand whenever they heard our national anthem being played."

Thumbs up to that!

we should be thankful that the Japanese did send warriors in Mecha suits :).
Rex

So they used the word 'jets' instead of 'planes'... is THAT what this is all about? :facepalm:

Guys. Honestly.
OK...

Phew. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that... I read this thread and was wondering what I was missing....

OK...

Phew. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that... I read this thread and was wondering what I was missing....

I was at the book fair and there was a "science" book that referred to the payload fairing on the falcon 9 heavy as a "nose cone"
At the Perot museum, there was a book in the gift shop that listed the reactants of gunpowder as: KNO3 (saltpeter), Charcoal, Sulphur, and oxygen. It said the oxygen was required to react the potassium nitrate (or maybe charcoal and sulphur as well, can't remember that well) A book just about got thrown across the room.

Frustration...

"This is why our science scores are so low!"

Yeah, because the media is so trustworthy.

[video]https://youtu.be/FmFA7jDnk_w[/video]

Back