I got my account back.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try logging out and back in again. You may have to have the Admin reset your password.

that's pretty unique then
It is based on my Polish last name. Jaskolski means Swallow in English. When I was in the Society for Creative Anachronisms, my persona was a samurai so I took the family name Tsubame (Swallow) and made this my family crest.

These are the swords I carried, the have my crest on the scabbards.
family swords.jpg

It is based on my Polish last name. Jaskolski means Swallow in English. When I was in the Society for Creative Anachronisms, my persona was a samurai so I took the family name Tsubame (Swallow) and made this my family crest.

View attachment 560270
thanks for the explanation and the photo, cool stuff

Scripted password guessing (aka brute force) attacks are really common, as is this forum software. I encourage everyone to consider how complex your password really is. People don’t spend time guessing - they run programs that try commonly used / harvested passwords, very quickly.

There have been a few others recently and they usually show up in yard sale when someone is asking for Zelle, Venmo as only form of payment

I only pay with Paypal standard. Any variation, and I refuse. They send me a payment request, and I pay for a product.

I have started changing the passwords on all my online accounts quarterly. I only use long generated passwords.
Long generated passwords with a good password manager. I have been happy with 1Password.

If I were a Mac/iPhone user who only used Safari on the Mac, I would use iCloud Keychain (I use Edge so no-go for me).

Last edited:
If purchasing something, even from a ‘known’ forum member, it would not hurt to ask for an updated photo In the private conversation. There are probably a few ways to determine if the sale is legit.

If purchasing something, even from a ‘known’ forum member, it would not hurt to ask for an updated photo In the private conversation. There are probably a few ways to determine if the sale is legit.
Or ask for a photo from an odd angle that was not given.

First and quickest thing you can do is look down to the similar threads. The scammers that show up here are just copying older threads. The first similar thread will be the original post that was copied.

First and quickest thing you can do is look down to the similar threads. The scammers that show up here are just copying older threads. The first similar thread will be the original post that was copied.

I think that, asking lots of questions, having a high degree of suspicion, and asking for photos, can help prevent this. People need to remember to report any threads they are suspicious of and help out their friends.

Get a phone number and call the seller. Usually scammers want to remain anonymous and they can't quickly answer questions about the item they're "selling" (ex. How does it work?; How did you use it or plan to use it?; Where did you get it from?)

"It was my dad's / husband's / uncle's etc.. and I am selling it for them (since they've died / moved / had a stroke, etc..) do you stil want it? I have 3 other people wanting it too, and one is offering me an additional $50 for it..."

just sayin..

"It was my dad's / husband's / uncle's etc.. and I am selling it for them (since they've died / moved / had a stroke, etc..) do you stil want it? I have 3 other people wanting it too, and one is offering me an additional $50 for it..."

just sayin..
Typical story.

View attachment 560270
Interesting. I knew Duke John of Ean Airgead KSCA, called the Mad Celt. His device is Vert, a chimney swift migrant palewise argent.

arms_john_mc.jpg

Long generated passwords with a good password manager. I have been happy with 1Password.

If I were a Mac/iPhone user who only used Safari on the Mac, I would use iCloud Keychain (I use Edge so no-go for me).
I also really like 1Password. It makes it really easy to have really strong passwords that are different everywhere.

I agree and have done so in the past. If I don't get some form of response, then I'm out.

The weird part is that sometimes, people get offended, but the reality is that if they are the real person, then I'm not questioning them, I'm simply verifying that the item is as described by the real person, not a scammer. I was close to pulling the trigger on the 38mm set and didn't think the OP was compromised. I got lucky, I guess, that I don't do non-paypal stuff.

Sandy.

The SOB is gone, but I cant get into my profile to fix things.
You mean I didn't buy the Brooklyn bridge for $1.99? I had such plans for it.:oops:

Glad to hear you were able to get the issue resolved.

John

Back