I found a Dolar Shop in Shanghai!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yup... An Honest to Goodness Dolar Shop in China (Shanghai)

Now if I could only find a Dollar Shop.

This means that the goods in the store are $ 1? Many such shops have seen but inside is mostly junk and for more than $ 1 :)

I told my son he should look for 49 cent stores. He looked at me puzzled and I explained: "They would have all the Chinese crap they export to us-except there would be no shipping"! He wasn't amused.....

More importantly did they have the adhesives you need or does the "Quest" continue ??

This means that the goods in the store are $ 1? Many such shops have seen but inside is mostly junk and for more than $ 1 :)

In the US, Dollar shops sell things for $1 (plus tax in states other than Oregon). To my knowledge there is no such thing as a Dolar (one "L").

Better than a Dolor Shop, I suppose. Is the roof a lawn?

That would be distressing... Yes, I believe that is a real lawn up there. From our room, it looked like many of the roofs (or rooves) are green.

Any brides for a dolar?

I wouldn't give two bits for a dolar bride.

I told my son he should look for 49 cent stores. He looked at me puzzled and I explained: "They would have all the Chinese crap they export to us-except there would be no shipping"! He wasn't amused.....

Now if I could only find the 6.5rmb shop.

More importantly did they have the adhesives you need or does the "Quest" continue ??

I was too busy to go in... I got the impression it wasn't like the US's Dollar Shops.

Are you flying around in a helicopter or is that a stock photo?

Photo from our hotel room's window.

On a trip years ago in Spain, I went into a "Euro Store". This one was named "Just 1 €"

Much like a Dollar type of store, except everything cost one Euro. Among other things, I got some AA batteries there to feed my digital camera.

YhaTjNg.jpg

The photo below is one I just Googled, there's lots of them in Europe. Makes sense, the same business model, for a similar-enough currency value. Currently, one Euro = $1.12. A one Yen store or one Peso store would be hard-pressed to be practical (One Yen currently less than one cent). 1 Chinese Yuan equals 15 Cents, so it would make sense for there to be a "dolar" store in China rather than 1 Yuan stores. At least in cities where tourists would be around (as you say, the one you see is across the street from your hotel in Shanghai).

store-1euro02.jpg

Last edited:
Back