Quantcast

I found a Dolar Shop in Shanghai!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yup... An Honest to Goodness Dolar Shop in China (Shanghai)

Now if I could only find a Dollar Shop.

SaturnV

Reaction score
This means that the goods in the store are $ 1? Many such shops have seen but inside is mostly junk and for more than $ 1 :)

ThirstyBarbarian

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Better than a Dolor Shop, I suppose. Is the roof a lawn?

fyrwrxz

latest photo
Reaction score
I told my son he should look for 49 cent stores. He looked at me puzzled and I explained: "They would have all the Chinese crap they export to us-except there would be no shipping"! He wasn't amused.....

JJSR

Reaction score
More importantly did they have the adhesives you need or does the "Quest" continue ??

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
Are you flying around in a helicopter or is that a stock photo?

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This means that the goods in the store are $ 1? Many such shops have seen but inside is mostly junk and for more than $ 1 :)
In the US, Dollar shops sell things for $1 (plus tax in states other than Oregon). To my knowledge there is no such thing as a Dolar (one "L").

Better than a Dolor Shop, I suppose. Is the roof a lawn?
That would be distressing... Yes, I believe that is a real lawn up there. From our room, it looked like many of the roofs (or rooves) are green.

Any brides for a dolar?
I wouldn't give two bits for a dolar bride.

I told my son he should look for 49 cent stores. He looked at me puzzled and I explained: "They would have all the Chinese crap they export to us-except there would be no shipping"! He wasn't amused.....
Now if I could only find the 6.5rmb shop.

More importantly did they have the adhesives you need or does the "Quest" continue ??
I was too busy to go in... I got the impression it wasn't like the US's Dollar Shops.

Are you flying around in a helicopter or is that a stock photo?
Photo from our hotel room's window.

georgegassaway

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
On a trip years ago in Spain, I went into a "Euro Store". This one was named "Just 1 €"

Much like a Dollar type of store, except everything cost one Euro. Among other things, I got some AA batteries there to feed my digital camera.

The photo below is one I just Googled, there's lots of them in Europe. Makes sense, the same business model, for a similar-enough currency value. Currently, one Euro = $1.12. A one Yen store or one Peso store would be hard-pressed to be practical (One Yen currently less than one cent). 1 Chinese Yuan equals 15 Cents, so it would make sense for there to be a "dolar" store in China rather than 1 Yuan stores. At least in cities where tourists would be around (as you say, the one you see is across the street from your hotel in Shanghai).

Last edited: