i dont suppose anyone here is from NC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, TRF has a fair number of members from NC and SC. 4 of the admins are from NC. Mark Brown, Ken Parker, Milo and Phil Gerrringer......

hmmm yeah 4 here in NC none of them near where i live unfortunatly. would love to have some rocketry freaks to socialize with here

Closest club to you will be Whitakers, up I-95 North a good piece, about 10 miles north of Rocky Mount. Plenty of rocket nuts meet there at least once a month.

Hey, can someone direct me to a Whitakers website or give me some dates? My dad is opening a buisiness up in Rocky Mount, and I may be able to hitch a ride sometime.

ive been to the site alot myself, even talked to ed rowe and another guy about the event. sounds really good but the hole im stuck in wont allow me to travel even that far to get there.

We, TRF member, have an annual weekend meet in April (yea...I missed last year!)

So you got 5 months to build something for it!

Don't forget the cow repelant!

And watch your step out there!

i dont quite understand, meet where?

DUHH!

I guess I forgot to say!

At Whitaker in April...we should start posting about it soon.

It is only 4 months away!:)

I'm in Calabash for part of the year.

the TRF launch at whitakers if great fun. everyone should go.

Originally posted by buzz
Durham.... da bad side a town :kill:

Durham eh? I'm among all those apartment buildings that have been going up in flames the last few days. :mad: Fortunately I've been spared.

Originally posted by TheRadiator
Durham eh? I'm among all those apartment buildings that have been going up in flames the last few days. :mad: Fortunately I've been spared.

I herd the SBI was investigating those fires, might be arson.
Thats around the Guess Rd area isn't it? Check out this web
page. I wonder if this guy is on the forum? Search gerald's
rocket page, don't forget the apostrophe.:cool:

I herd the SBI was investigating those fires, might be arson.
Thats around the Guess Rd area isn't it? Check out this web
page. I wonder if this guy is on the forum? Search gerald's
rocket page, don't forget the apostrophe.:cool:

Yup, between Guess and Hillandale.

I take it the bad side a town means East Durham.

Nice site! You know, I never thought to fly in Carter-Finley Stadium's parking lot. I usually fly in the Little River soccer field in North Durham, but I've had to battle rec soccer teams for field time in the spring. Then there's also the issue of WIND!!!! And lots of it. It's almost the highest point in the county.

Nice site! You know, I never thought to fly in Carter-Finley Stadium's parking lot. I usually fly in the Little River soccer field in North Durham, but I've had to battle rec soccer teams for field time in the spring. Then there's also the issue of WIND!!!! And lots of it. It's almost the highest point in the county.

Yep! Cheek Rd. Little River? isn't that out Roxboro Rd ?
Is that where you launched those rockets last Saturday?
btw Cool! Nike rockets, pics.:cool:

Yep! Cheek Rd. Little River? isn't that out Roxboro Rd ?
Is that where you launched those rockets last Saturday?
btw Cool! Nike rockets, pics.:cool:

Oops, forgot to clarify, the *new* Little River school off of Snow Hill Rd. Yup, that's where I launch mine at, and I appreciate the compliments on the rockets. I'll have to check out the Carter-Finley parking lot though. It's much larger than the site I use now. I have to play with the wind in order to get my rockets back! I remember the long walk across that lot when I went to the NCAA's back in March.

I'm in Raleigh now, but my permanent address is in Burlington and my rockets are in Hillsborough. As for the closest launch site, the Whitakers crew no longer uses the Whitakers field due to some issues with the land owners. The last launch I attended was in June and that took place in Battleboro, kind of close to Whitakers. As of now, Alan Whitmore, John Hamill as well as many other ex-Whitakers fliers are searching Eastern NC for a new field. Stay up to date with the goings on on the filed search through the nc-rockets list (https://www.employees.org/mailman/listinfo/nc-rockets). If you feel the urge, those guys could definitely use all the help they can get. Maybe Paul will chime in on the field status as I am not quite up to date (so much info being passed around gets me confused).
Reed

Some of my folks live off Guess Rd...right off 85 across from the Carolina Duke Inn.

...and I flew my first rocket (Alpha III starter set) at the parking lot for the football field that's behind the hospital. Can't remember the name of the place.

Hmm, small world!

Oh, and I'm from the Weddington/Matthews area outside of Charlotte, but I go to school in Boone @ ASU. I've been all over this state!

Back