I do like those Yank kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket Flier VB

Reaction score
Finished my first 2" Yank kit and want to say that those are some good kits. I wish Yank would have stuck around and hope the new owners expand the sounding rocket line. I now have a Sandhawk and an Astrobee D to complete.

Eric F.
Virginia Beach VA

BBX_finished_11_24_03.jpg

The canards are a little low but I had to install a dual deployment. I had to allow a little more room for the chute in the upper airframe.

Eric F.

Good job Eric! Doesn't look like I will get a chance to see it fly this weekend. The Dozier launch was just cancelled.:mad:

Yea, I just saw that email too. Man it would be nice to have our own field.

I still need to put a couple of coats of clear coat on the BBX. It would have been nice to see it fly. I think I'll do the Astrobee next.

Eric F.

I love the Yank 2" Wraith. It flys fantastic! It has cool looking bat shaped fins! Most of all, it is one of the cheapest kits you'll find with a 29mm MMT and quality parts that is capable of flying HPR.
wraith_takeoff.jpg

Eric, great looking bird! I anticipate equally great flights.

Go for the Sandhawk. Ever since Jason (jetra2) built a BT55 based Sandhawk I've been wanting to see some more.

very cool, man that paint job looks tough. I have seen those BB and always kringe at the thought of painting them

Mark, that picture is awsome. I take it that is an econojet motor? the flame reminds be of a blue Thunder motor. Very cool pic

Originally posted by Ryan S.
Mark, that picture is awsome. I take it that is an econojet motor? the flame reminds be of a blue Thunder motor. Very cool pic
Ryan,
That is an EconoJet F20 White Lightning motor. It's the perfect combination for that rocket!

I have thier 3" IQSY Tomahawk. I dont like it that much because they used a nose cone that is not scale:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Otherwise the kit was nice. I am planning on flying it in Jan. at our annual winter launch. Along with my MB1, Raptor (mach 1.1), Forte, ASP, Legacy, and maybe CHAD staged Mod Echostar. D12-0 to a C6-5. Gonna be cool. I also have a lot of G64s to burn. And an I161W, H242T, and an H125 for my Raptor. I am thinking one or two flights for the tomahawk. Hope it doesent lawn-dart.

Back