I desperately need to catch up.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman248

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's been a while since i've had a chance to post here. I was at Navy boot camp for two months. Now I am at my tech school. I got a new Dell laptop last week and I got the internet hooked up yesterday.

For those of you who don't know me, let me introduce myself. I am 20 years old. I have been flying rockets for about two years now. I am certified level 2 although I tried unsuccessfully (twice) for level 3. On April 10th of 2003, I enlisted in the Navy. I signed up to be a Fire Controlman. February 3rd of 2004, I went to boot camp. It wasn't cool at all. I graduated on April 2nd. That was a good weekend. My parents were able to come up to see the graduation. We had liberty over the weekend so I got to spend a few days with them. Right now I am at my tech school. I have about 4-6 months in Great Lakes, Il. Then I have about 6 more months of school in Virginia.

Anyways, back on topic. I've been off the forum for about 3 months. I've missed a lot. Can you guys kind of get me up to speed on everything?

Thanks

Welcome back, Shipmate!

Not much has changed... there's quite a few more of us online now, and the Tour de Deuce is continuing. You'll get caught up eventually, but don't try to do it all at once or else your brain will explode with wanting to build something that you can't in your barracks!

Good news though: NAB Little Creek has got a pretty good woodworking shop, if memory serves, and you should be able to do some building/storage there.

WW

Welcome to the world of Fire Control! It is one of the best jobs in the Navy, Launching missiles or shooting guns is the only way to go. Good luck in the schools, study hard and you'll do fine.
FCC Robert Roggendorf
In God we trust, all others we track!
CIWS, Harpoon, Terrier Missile Tech.

Glad to see you back on. My hat's off to you for seving the good ol' USA :)

Well, I am having a hard time thinking of anything that happened in your absence that was stupendously important, memorable, or significant. Hmmmm. Nada?

I can tell you that I spent the night and half the morning waiting with my son for help in the emergency room at the children's hospital, to stitch his forehead back together after he got whacked with a skateboard. Other than that, I'm kinda bleary right now . .

Rocketman, welcome back to TRF! With your service specialty, you truly live up to your handle!

That statement is arguable... Heres some examples:

Some nut slammed the NAR president on Ebay for some strange reason... He got put in his place (not by me, of course:eek: )

Some guy downloaded all the PDFs of Jim Zs website and sold them on a CD on Ebay. He also got put in his place:eek:

Carl built his upscale Tres (you proabably found that out already, though:cool: )

Someone (man, im forgetfull tonight! My apologies to the owner of this rocket:eek: :eek: ) built a 54MM Duece

We one or two new people asking rather suspicious questions about rocket guidance and super-high thrust, long burn motors:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ill leave teh rest for others.:rolleyes:

Rocketman,

Will the Navy let you put your NAR number on the Missiles you fire?

Great Lakes, Illinois! I used to work nearby at Abbott Laboratories. You should try to make it to a NIRA or WOOSH launch they are both strong and active NAR sections in that area. The Bong recreation area is only about a 45 minute drive from where you are (or will be) working, it is an excellent place to launch rockets. Most of the Ace hardware stores in that part of Illinois carry Estes Rockets. Have you been to Waukegan and seen the sign on the side of the Ace Radiator building yet?

You only missed one of my Apogee Peak of Flight Newsletter articles on the "Simulation of Foam Filled Parts Using RockSim"

https://www.apogeerockets.com/education/downloads/Newsletter122.pdf

My Simulation of Side Pods Using RockSim Version 7 article was published just a few days before you left.

https://www.apogeerockets.com/education/downloads/Newsletter119.pdf

Hope you get a chance to have some fun in Chicago,

Bruce S, Levison, NAR #69055

Originally posted by teflonrocketry1
Rocketman,

"The Bong recreation area"

Oh... Never mind... I thought there was a joke in there somewhere...

Then again... that does sound like a place to shoot rockets really high...LOL

Back