I couldn't dream of that!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the next release from Pem Tech? :D

Let's see... first, a big ol' field for flying, with all the amenities. Much like others have already suggested. Also arrange for permanent Class F airspace overhead. Then, full-scale version of my avatar. The aft section is a Nike booster... the aircraft portion had a 6' wing span. Avro fired theirs into Lake Ontario (and some into the ocean from Wallops), but I'd make the plane R/C and have the booster recover via parachute. After that, maybe an upscale SSV Scorpion... flying on, oh I don't know... 98mm motors? Maybe an O?

I'm with Jeff. If I won the lottery, there is a 250 acre ranch up for sale near Goliad I would snap up. Nice, flat, no trees, nice house in one corner.

There will always be rocket kits, but unless I'm mistaken God isn't making anymore land, and around here it's getting hard to fine good flying fields.

BTW Jeff this ranch is 5 miles outside of Goliad on 292. If you wish to buy it.

Andrew

Andrew, I'll keep in mind for win I win the lotto. lol

For now I'll have to be content with my 2 acre homested.

If I could find a fishbowl big enough we would give it a heck of a try.
:horse:

OK, just because I'd love to see your build thread and a video of a launch for this...I did some searching. Not sure what your size or budget requirements are but...

I should point out I know absolutely nothing about that company. I found a few places by searching "plastic spheres". This is just one example. :wink:

OK, just because I'd love to see your build thread and a video of a launch for this...I did some searching. Not sure what your size or budget requirements are but...

I should point out I know absolutely nothing about that company. I found a few places by searching "plastic spheres". This is just one example. :wink:

You had to go there, didn't you.....
Request: "Honey, I need a $100 acrylic ball for a new project."
Response: "Yeah, you'll need a new ball if you start another project!"

You had to go there, didn't you.....
Request: "Honey, I need a $100 acrylic ball for a new project."
Response: "Yeah, you'll need a new ball if you start another project!"
:lol::lol::lol: Now thats funny I dont care who you are.

Then, full-scale version of my avatar. The aft section is a Nike booster... the aircraft portion had a 6' wing span. Avro fired theirs into Lake Ontario...
Hmmm...wonder if they are still there?

Jeff, they only want 5.1 million for the place. Pocket change!

Andrew

Let's see... first, a big ol' field for flying, with all the amenities. Much like others have already suggested.
Ahh, most sensible.

Sad thing the Avro Arrow didn't see a full life, was an impressive aircraft.
Understand there are to this day hard feelings in Canada about its end.

Last edited:
Whirled peas
Wave the Sails

moby.jpg

moby-dick1-1.jpg

Moby-Dick-3.jpg

I thought this may be a fun thread.

If you won the lottery and had all the resources in the world what would you build?
OK, that means no job and no house and yard work taking up my time, all the materials and tools I want, all the outside consulting help I need, and even paying stipends to support the friends I have on my team (if they want it.)

First, I'd be the second amature (is Go Fast still the only one?) to put a rocket into space. Then I'd be the first to put an object into orbit, or die trying. (Yes, I know, orbit is a whole different ballgame; the altitude is the easy part. But I've got the rest of my life and unlimited funds, so I'd keep at it.) A very small orbiting payload is all I want, but enough to do some sort of minor science experiment and radio the results before burning on reentry. I'd try to arrange for the reentry path to go right over wherever I'm located at the time. (Possibly this giant empty test range I've heard of in northern Quebec.)

In the meanwhile, I'd find a solution to the problem of direct staging composites; I'm sure in my bones it's a fundementally solvable problem.

I'd develop a propellant that outperforms black powder and gives a better price/performance ratio than APCP (even though I have no real hope surpassing APCP's performance.)

I'd then surpass APCP's performance by developing a safe and cheap way to manufacture ADN in quantity. (OK, that one might not be possible.)

Hmm.. well I'm going to go with "all the resources in the world":
I would build a giant, partially nuclear powered spaceship with a huge Bussard ramjet, the center of which would be the axis of the ship's rotation (giving it artificial gravity) and would allow it to travel at unimaginable speeds. Said spaceship would have luxurious cabins and a huge supply of air and food, as well as hydroponic farms, and water could be recycled. It would also have shuttle type landing craft docked to it, so I could go down to earth and launch model rockets. :p
Yes, I know, it's pretty ridiculous, but if you're going to fantasize, why not fantasize wildly? :D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Well, first I'd build a display case for the lottery ticket in humorous irony; If I had all the resources I need, the ticket would be redundant ;)

Second, I'd build a HUGENORMOUS Steel, explosion-proof hangar and equip it with every rocket building component, and lock you and Jared inside it, forcing you to build me rockets. I'd sit in my easy chair holding a beer, fishing from the living room and telling you guys what to do.

Or I'd just blow it all on spatulas

I'd place my order to go to the ISS.

Then I would build a my dream rocket that reaches 120,000'. And if I dont come into money, I am going to build it anyway. A few.... decades in the future..

I would cluster 4" motors and make a Falcon Heavy. Perhaps 18 N2900 Classics in the drop-off boosters, with 9 N1100 moonburners in the middle.

I want the difference in burn times, and also the Classic propellant is a better approximation of kerosene flames, as far as I can tell. Apparently the Falcon has no significant smoke trail.

I would start by building my dream workshop. I would buy some old workshop and transform it into my rocket construction HQ. It would have Lathes, drills, CNC machines, saws of all kinds, a resin infusion system, Shop presses, small tools, cranes. I would also stock up on epoxy, fiberglass, carbon fiber, kevlar etc.

Alex

Aksrockets said:
I would start by building my dream workshop. I would buy some old workshop and transform it into my rocket construction HQ. It would have Lathes, drills, CNC machines, saws of all kinds, a resin infusion system, Shop presses, small tools, cranes. I would also stock up on epoxy, fiberglass, carbon fiber, kevlar etc.

Alex

Something like This ^ and I would also want to build a full scale Patriot, and buy a plane ticket every year to go to LDRS.

Back