I can't get in contact with Performance Hobbies!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvSRG

Reaction score
I've been calling and calling Ken, and not getting any responses. He's usually pretty reliable at returning calls...any ideas? I need to get some stuff lined up for O-Berg!

did you try email?...I just reciently bought some cases thru him
and he called me the following morning

I assume you are getting through to his answering machine? If not I'll provide the most up-to-date number. The other day I called and his maching hung up on me almost immediately. Oh-oh methinks. When I hung up, the phone started ringing and it was Ken. This was about 6:30 PM est!

He also has a fax number. I never use it or email because I usually have some question and like to let him talk me into stuff :)

Check his website for his current phone number. He has changed his number recently. That reminds him... I want to request a couple J350 or J420 loads...

Yeah, I've got that hang up-call back thing in the past...and it was in the later evening, too. I guess the reason for the recent no returning of calls is the number change, however, I have been getting his machine, so I don't see why the number would be different, but I'll look. I'll also send an email his way. Thanks.

I have tried to get in touch with him for almost a month now, but no responses. I have tried Email, and Phone. No return calls or emails. I have been waiting for an order placed on the 22nd of June. If anyone can get in touch with him please email me and let me know how you did it.

I called his published phone number. I usually call during published hours. Fridays before launches are usually not the best choice. Longer if you suspect he will be going to a launch that's further from DC. I understand that figuring this part out will be tough for those in other areas of the country.

He's alive and well. I called him this Saturday as I was passing through DC, got his voice mail and didn't bother leaving a message. A while later he called me back, he was out of town. So although I didn't get to meet up with him we got to chat a bit.

It's odd you guys are getting responses. I've emailed him and got nothing and he still hasn't called me back, and I've been using the one on the homepage of his site. I'll just keep trying...

I see some of you have no problems getting in touch with him. He must be very selective in the customers he chooses to communicate with. Not a good way to stay in business, to choose the customers you want to be cordial to and forget the rest. Sorry..... but it has been close to a month ago I ordered some body tubes from him, with absolutely 0 communication. I can't even call him to cancel the order, cause he will never call back. I think 4 weeks is more than enough time to fill an order. :mad:

Thats just my 2 cents worth on the matter..........Never Again will I order from him.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'd probably feel the same way if it were me.

Just out of curiosity, what type products did you guys order?

Hey guys. I just got up with him. He apologized for missing the order I put in a while back (by phone) and he appeared a bit agitated with himself for not filling the order. He told me he really disliked doing that to a customer obviously showing he cares. I never asked him about the unreturned calls but I figure he's got a good reason and also we must remember that the past month or so he's been very busy as it was "LDRS season". I don't think he's intentionally missing anyones calls. Just very busy. At any rate I got in touch with him and got my order taken care of and he was extremely nice about everything.

Ane fireone, you are right about 4 weeks being a long time to fill an order, but that's nothing compared to DHS! Let's not even get into that. Ken's a fine dealer...I thinks he just has his hands full a lot of the time.

Marv

I understand fully about having your hands full, I work in the Medical field and regularly work 50-65 hours a week. If his hands re that full then he should get someone to help him,even if it is only part time.
I do realize he was busy for LDRS that's why I placed my order over 2 weeks before he would have left.

I can't change how I feel, and Ken will have to do something spectacular for me to ever deal with him again. I am sorry this turned out the way it did.

Originally posted by fireone
Marv

I understand fully about having your hands full, I work in the Medical field and regularly work 50-65 hours a week. If his hands re that full then he should get someone to help him,even if it is only part time.
I do realize he was busy for LDRS that's why I placed my order over 2 weeks before he would have left.

I can't change how I feel, and Ken will have to do something spectacular for me to ever deal with him again. I am sorry this turned out the way it did.

I wasn't trying to sway your opinion, just put in some helpful imput and agree on 4 weeks being way too long for an order to be put in. I was with you on that one. I think the "but that's nothing compared to DHS! Let's not even get into that" put you off. Heh. Sorry if it did...that was just a joke on DHS. If you haven't dealt with them, you wouldn't have gotten it, but if you have dealt with them, you probably would have:D I've never heard of a quickly filled order from that place.

In the spirit of being difficult, and for my 500th post, I will say that I did buisness once with Discount Hobby (From an ROL auction) Just after I bid, I saw a thread on them the said to effect "Danger Will Robinson, Danger"

Uh Oh...

Then I won the auction and being as honorable as I can I called to complete the deal. Got a guy on the phone who had no clue and feeling obligated I made arrangements to pay vis CC and then got ready to dispute the charge.

Four days later my kit arrived....

I wish I could explain it.

A

I know what you folks feel like about not getting any response. I emailed Red Arrow a couple of times this week with a question and got nothing. Then I copied and pasted the email text and faxed the email to them. Nothing. I seem to have this problem a lot with the bigger vendors. But I will say this: I have never had a problem getting a response out of people like Jim at Fliskits or Semroc or Quest or Sunward. I could name a couple of others. But when it comes to other "big" vendors, I regularly have my emails ignored. Maybe it's because I'm a vendor myself and they're hoping I'll just "go away":(

FireOne (John), Ken can be kinda flighty but despite that he has a pretty good rep at being a good guy. He is an honest guy and usually is a bit disappointed if he disappoints a client.

He does carry a pretty fat inventory and is a full-time, "house call" (well, at launches anyway) kinda vendor.

I'm sure he;ll get it straightened out ASAP.

Back