I can relate to this...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
[video=youtube;wuz2ILq4UeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuz2ILq4UeA[/video]

Thanks to all those who have help support me this year...

Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas!

Jim- i hope you know I was razzing you. As a parent with my youngest in China (almost 6 year now) also, the pain hurts every year and I know both of you feel it too. Just know every adventure has it's price and it's a small one in the long run. I hope one day you too encourage your children to see the world, make friends in other cultures with different backgrounds and realize that the spaceship we live on is really pretty small. The majority of us want peace, understanding and above all else, to feel the ones we love are safe and secure. I know it can be lonely, but your friends here and at home are only the Internet away. Remember the bicycle story for your grandchildren! Live the dream, brother, and know that nothing lasts forever.

Last edited:
Jim- i hope you know I was razzing you. As a parent with my youngest in China (almost 6 year now) also, the pain hurts every year and I know both of you feel it too. Just know every adventure has it's price and it's a small one in the long run. I hope one day you too encourage your children to see the world, make friends in other cultures with different backgrounds and realize that the spaceship we live on is really pretty small. The majority of us want peace, understanding and above all else, to feel the ones we love are safe and secure. I know it can be lonely, but your friends here and at home are only the Internet away. Remember the bicycle story for your grandchildren! Live the dream, brother, and know that nothing lasts forever.

Why you dirty :wink:

I totally understood what you meant. I know about your son, and prior to your reply, hadn't thought about how it applied to you too.

I was born to travel... literally. Within 12 months of my birth, not only had we been to the moon, I had lived in three states. By the time I was eight, I had lived in Oregon (multiple times), Washington, Florida, Hawaii, and Louisiana (and was back in Oregon). By the time I was 22, I had added Missouri, Texas, Colorado, and had lived in England for two years (and was back in Oregon). I became a travel agent for 10 years, and traveled back to Hawaii, as often as I could afford to, and whenever they sent me. Part of the reason I became a linguist was to travel.

While my dad has sworn off of ever traveling by plane again (lots of travel via the USMC, and his job as a VP for Blue Cross), my mom has been across Europe and Israel, New Zealand, and China. She's been to 49 out of the 50 states. South Carolina is the missing piece, but will likely be added by the 2nd of December, as she is currently volunteering with Samaritan's Purse in the hurricane cleanup of North Carolina.

That's a cool video and very nice sentiment Jim! I wish you and your loved ones well this holiday season and you're in our thoughts. :)

So do you want us to send rockets to you in China via balloon? :wink:

Thanks!

No, I don't want you to send rockets by balloons, I need rockets sent AND balloons (mylar, with the US flag, and others with the Canadian maple leaf (I can get the chinese flag here easy)).

Back