I bought something small, but has great meaning

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
As I began sifting through things today, I realized I had purchased something that has more value than money. At the time I made the purchase I was just purchasing a rocket kit I longed for since my childhood. As I read the included documentation, I realized I had purchased something very special. It was a kit from the Jonathan Dunbar Collection. While I would love to build and fly this kit, I feel that there must be a more suitable place for this kit. Since I have no family that could ever appreciate this kit, I would like for it to continue in the manner it was sold. My computer is down with parts on the way, so please send me an Email if you have the means to properly keep this kit in Jonathan's honor and pass it along to future generations. The kit is an Estes TK-45/#0845 Mini-Brute BETA. It will include the documentation I received. Thank You Kindly for Your Time.

Has anyone ever heard of "Rocket Kit Photographer and the Picture Posting Forum Dwellers"?

It's always been one of my favorite groups (hint hint!)

I appreciate that Jonathan Dunbar was supposedly a great guy and rocketeer (I didn't know him), but is there anything that makes a rocket from his personal collection especially valuable or special? I assume a Beta is worth something just because of its vintage status, but the significance of coming from that collection eludes me. I am missing the collector gene, so stuff like this is baffling to me.

Genuinely curious.

As I began sifting through things today, I realized I had purchased something that has more value than money. At the time I made the purchase I was just purchasing a rocket kit I longed for since my childhood. As I read the included documentation, I realized I had purchased something very special. It was a kit from the Jonathan Dunbar Collection. While I would love to build and fly this kit, I feel that there must be a more suitable place for this kit. Since I have no family that could ever appreciate this kit, I would like for it to continue in the manner it was sold. My computer is down with parts on the way, so please send me an Email if you have the means to properly keep this kit in Jonathan's honor and pass it along to future generations. The kit is an Estes TK-45/#0845 Mini-Brute BETA. It will include the documentation I received. Thank You Kindly for Your Time.

Hey Woody, are you referring to Jonathan Dunbar... the Navy Seal?

The Beta was my first rocket, and I have a vintage one that I bought via eBay ready to fly this weekend. It's beat up and pretty fugly, but they're always cool two stagers.

Back