I bit the bullet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have to ask, what version of Mint are you running? I posted my Neofetch output and Cura 5.0 runs for me without problems. I also may have installed a more recent version of glibc at some point, as I tend to not take "no" for an answer when installing packages.
When are you planning a launch in Australia. Ive got a long list for you.......... 😭😁

I've been running Win 10 64bit on several machines for a while.. I maxed out the ram and run a 1TB or 2TB ssd. They run flawlessly and fast. I have an older Toshiba laptop that was running slow on Win 7 . Maxed the ram to 6GB and cloned the HDD to a 1TB ssd.
It must be 8 yrs old but I use it for travel and it is fast. The builtin wifi was too slow and so I installed a $40 Tplink USB wifi device, more than doubled the connection speed.
None are Win11 compatible which is a scam IMHO.
I've built all my desktops for the past 15yrs because I like to build lots of things. I'll probably build a Win11 machine one day but not for a while.
I have not built a rocket kit in about 20 years, I like to make them myself.

I've been running Win 10 64bit on several machines for a while.. I maxed out the ram and run a 1TB or 2TB ssd. They run flawlessly and fast. I have an older Toshiba laptop that was running slow on Win 7 . Maxed the ram to 6GB and cloned the HDD to a 1TB ssd.
It must be 8 yrs old but I use it for travel and it is fast. The builtin wifi was too slow and so I installed a $40 Tplink USB wifi device, more than doubled the connection speed.
None are Win11 compatible which is a scam IMHO.
I've built all my desktops for the past 15yrs because I like to build lots of things. I'll probably build a Win11 machine one day but not for a while.
I have not built a rocket kit in about 20 years, I like to make them myself.
My main gripe is that Windows had CORTANA and also when you start your pc Windows takes control and installs stuff even if you say wait for an hour it still sits there chewing massive resources when you're trying to work. This could be hogging your internet bandwidth with downloads or whatever it does including compulsory antivirus updates. It's just we know best for you unfriendly. All most want to do is get office emails and get out......

Back